Maps appear as blank white rectangles

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Maps appear as blank white rectangles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Singer
    Participant

Maps have stopped displaying correctly, and instead now all appear as blank white rectangles on individual event pages.

Geoff B.

Good evening Andrew and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the maps no longer displaying properly on your site. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The first thing I would recommend is to upgrade all of your the Events Calendar plugins to their latest versions (as it seems you are a couple of versions behind).

Secondly, can you confirm that you have indeed entered your Google Maps API following these instructions: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key/ ?

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks. When we’d updated to version 4.4.0.1 of The Events Calendar we experienced a slew of screwy bugs and problems with the Community Add Event interface, with the net result that we couldn’t use it for entering new events nor present it to our public. It wasn’t due to any other plug-in interference — we tried disabling them one by one etc. Finally we had to revert to the pre-January 13th version of our site to restore this event add functionality.

So I can’t really update the software right now, unfortunately.

I can say that all the rest is fine – our Google Maps API key and all the rest are correct; we’ve been using the maps continuously for half a year, with problems a couple of times which were resolved. Now this problem has just occurred some days ago, with the maps all turning to blank rectangles. I’ve no idea why.

Thanks in advance for your further suggestions and guidance.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Maps appear as blank white rectangles’ is closed to new replies.