Map zoom in/out false and keep markers clickable

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map zoom in/out false and keep markers clickable

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hi ,
    I want to disable the map scrollwheel .I have search out for many solutions like

#tribe-geo-map {
    pointer-events: none;
    }

.gmnoprint div ,.gm-style-iw {
    pointer-events: auto;
    }

But this solution also make the venue markers UN-clickable .I want to false scrollwheel and want to make markers clickable .

Thanks.

Nico

Hi there Aaron,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Hopefully you can alter the map settings via JS after it’s initialized πŸ™‚

The code to do so is the following:

tribe_ev.geoloc.map.set('scrollwheel',false);

You’ll need to execute that after the page loads!

Please let me know if you still need further help on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Nico,

thx for your code. can you please give me a little bit more information about the javascript file. Do you mean the following file?

/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-ajax-maps.js

thx in advanced,
    best wishes Tom

Thomas
    Participant

Works, with coding the file above. πŸ˜‰

Aaron
    Participant

Thanks Nico , this works for me .

Aaron
    Participant

I would like to change the map marker icon ,how to set this ?

Nico

Hey folks, thanks for following up!

I’m glad this worked for both of you πŸ™‚

Some comments before I close out the thread:

@ Thomas, there’s no need to edit the file. You can use that code from an existing theme (or child theme) JS file. In any case here’s a sample snippet you can paste in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file, which inserts the JS snippet in the head tag if you are viewing map view (uses jQuery):
    https://gist.github.com/niconerd/301cd35ada82e5ae77a5a311df573f10

If you need further help, please open up a new thread for this and include a link back to this one!

@ Aaron, hopefully it’s now possible to change the map pin via customizer. I’ve answered this in the original thread β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-events-google-map-icon/#post-1217662

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Map zoom in/out false and keep markers clickable’ is closed to new replies.