Change events google map icon

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change events google map icon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to change icon for events Google map.

I have searched out about this and found no solution .

Looked into the file from where it is possible : wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js/tribe-events-ajax-maps.js

But I can’t change this , because if there is any update then my changes lost .

Please suggest the best solution.

Thanks.

Nico

Hi there Aaron,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Unfortunately there’s no easy way of doing this. You could dequeue the script you mention and enqueue a new customized version of it, with the custom modifications.

Another way of customizing the map (although I’m not sure it allows you to customize the markers) is using Snazzy Maps plugin. I know it worked in the past for some of our users, so you might want to give that a try.

Please let me know if that helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey Aaron,

I was trying to find this thread to give you a heads-up on this but I was not having luck with my searches. In any case your reply here made me realize you were the author of both threads 🙂

The good news is that as of 4.4 update it’s now possible to change the map icon via customizer. Just go to ‘WP-Admin > Appearance > Customize > The Events Calendar > Global Elements > Map Pin’, there you’ll find an input to upload your custom pin image!

Please let me know if you can do it from there,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change events google map icon’ is closed to new replies.