map view + calendar view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO map view + calendar view?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    designagency
    Participant

hiya–

been searching around for an answer to this as it seems like it might have been asked before but no dice. i’ve got the map view as my calendar’s primary view, however i’d like the month view to appear below instead of the list or weekly view that is there now. how can i achieve this?

thanks!

Geoff

Howdy @designagency — nice to see you again and hope you had a great weekend. 🙂

I’m afraid there is no way to pair the Month and Map views together right out of the box. We are fairly limited in how much we can support custom development questions like this. At the very least, I’d be happy to at least point you in the right direction, if I can. We also have a list of freelancers who we would happily recommend for this level of help.

It seems like the best place to start would be to override the Month View template with a custom version of your own. The file is located at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month.php.

From there, I imagine it would require you to include the Map View’s template part, which is located in wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/map/gmap-container.php.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete answer for you here, but does this at least help you get started? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

designagency
    Participant

ok… i get the general idea, thanks for the push in the right direction. i think i’ll look for another option though–in my experience working with hacked tribe events files on the genesis platform leads to a nightmare when future updates are released!

Geoff

Right on, thanks for following up!

It’s worth noting that future updates should be super safe, as long as the template override process in our Themer’s Guide is followed. Storing the customizations in a child theme folder will prevent any work from being lost when either the plugin, the theme or WordPress itself updates. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘map view + calendar view?’ is closed to new replies.