map not displaying correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO map not displaying correctly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jonwalker72
    Participant

i have map pro, and the map is showing an ocean instead of my events. all events have been imported directly from your Facebook importer plugin. Not one event was made manually. there are hundreds of events, and hundreds of venues. if there is any missing information about venues and such, its because your facebook plugin didn’t import them. i do not have time to go through the events one by one. this has been going on for months on paid subscriptions for 2 of your plugins… which are broke. see for yourselves… http://deadheadproductions.com/grateful-events/

Geoff B.

Good evening Jon and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the maps not displaying properly on your website. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I totally understand where you are coming from, including how you do not have time to investigate this one event at a time. I want to apologize for how frustrating this situation must be for you.

With that in mind, I would like to investigate this for you and hopefully find out what is going on.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, could you share with me which FB page your are importing the events from so that I can run some tests ?

Thirdly, I am noticing that there are several JavaScript error messages in the Google Chrome Console on your website. It is too early to tell what type of impact these have, but I will keep a close eye on them as I go through my tests.

Finally, can you tell me if you are using a Google Maps API key in Events -> Settings -> APIs ?

Hang tight as I investigate this for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

jonwalker72
    Participant

This reply is private.

jonwalker72
    Participant

it just started showing the map again, kind of… when you hit “next events” to go to the next 25 events… it hangs up. i had to bump it down from displaying 100 events at a time (which it used to handle fine) to 25, just to get the map to display the united states

jonwalker72
    Participant

deactivated all plugins except tribe calendar, pro, and FB add on. still hanging up

Geoff B.

Good evening Jon,

Thank you for writing back, giving valuable additional information and providing me with your system information.

So far, I have not been successful at reproducing the issue on my end, but I would like to push my tests a bit further.

In case there is a theme conflict going on, could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests with it ?

There is something else that would be worth trying (as it might help).

Could you head over to Events -> Settings -> General and scroll al the way down the screen. Please check if there is not a “Fix venue data” button available. And if so, click on it.

Best regards and thank you for your patience,

Geoff B.

jonwalker72
    Participant

Well crap… I hadn’t switched themes cause this is a big site and didn’t want to lose anything. After switching themes down to twenty-fourteen the map is loading correctly and refreshing in an appropriate time. Dang it.. do you still want me to send the theme… feel like I’m SOL now

jonwalker72
    Participant

attaching two images… one is error messages through google chrome with our theme installed.. and then with twenty fourteen installed.. All plugins but tribe inactivated for both.

there is a new version of my theme available, just need my partners login for envato to upgrade it.. he’s gone running a music festival until next week. So wont be able to try that until then.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jon,

I’m sorry to hear that your theme is giving you trouble 🙁

If you don’t mind, I would still like a copy of your theme.
    At the very least I could like to take a look.

I think it’s worth a shot.

Hang in there.

Geoff B.

jonwalker72
    Participant

sorry, just got back in town. I will get the theme to you shortly

Geoff B.

Good evening Jon,

Thank you for getting back to me and for preparing to send the files over.

In the meantime, I believe you might have to consider getting a Google Map API key.
    I would recommend reading the following article on this: http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.ca/2016/06/building-for-scale-updates-to-google.html

In case you decide to go ahead with the API key, the following Knowledge base article might prove to be helpful: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-your-google-maps-api-key

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘map not displaying correctly’ is closed to new replies.