Map and Countdown widget not working – theme conflict?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map and Countdown widget not working – theme conflict?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lara
    Participant

I followed your Testing for Conflicts Guide and searched the forums. Perhaps I’m missing the answer but I can’t find it in the forum.

I have the Mixin theme installed. I created a child theme and customized it. I have Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro and Community Events. The site is http://www.peia.org and has been working fine.

Recently, I discovered that the maps weren’t showing on single events and the event countdown widget displays “DD:HH:MM:SS” instead of the actual countdown. Here’s what I’ve done to attempt to resolve this issue:

– Updated theme, plugins, etc. I did this individually with testing in between and nothing changed.
    – Deactivated all the plugins, still had the issue.
    – Reactivated all the plugins, activated the 2015 WordPress theme. The map does show. I can’t see the countdown widget in the 2015 theme so I don’t know if it works.
    – There are no js errors in the console.
    – I do get the Google Maps “no APIs key” warning but apparently that isn’t terrible according to other posts in the forum.

Behavior:
    – If I look at the home page, the countdown shows DD:HH:MM:SS (see footer). If I click an event date within the month view of the calendar or if I try to click to the next month, it links to “#” (essentially) and just goes to the top of the page.
    – If I click an event name in the listing of upcoming events, it works and takes me to the single page for the event, but the map and the countdown widget don’t work.
    – If I refresh the page once I get to the single event page, both the map and the countdown widget work.
    – If I then try to go to another event, again I have no map and no countdown.
    – I’ve tried this in Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Edge. All have the same issues.

I am stumped. :\

Thanks.
    Lara

Hunter

Hey Lara,

First off, thank you for the respectful and informative post. I would be more than happy to help investigate these issues with you 🙂

I do believe based on the information you’ve provided that you are experiencing a theme and/or conflict. We don’t have too many threads relating the the Mixin theme and I don’t see any logged bug reports about the issues you’re currently dealing with.

With that said, I think the best route would be to follow our Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can narrow down the exact source of conflict. I understand you’ve reverted back to the default WP theme, but if you could do it in the order and follow the exact instructions from the Testing for conflicts guide, it may help give more detailed information.

Once you’ve done that, report back with your findings and I’d be happy to see if I see anything that seems out of the ordinary.

Thank you again for reaching out and enjoy the rest of your day!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Map and Countdown widget not working – theme conflict?’ is closed to new replies.