Managing venues and organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Managing venues and organizers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

I have over 400 venues and over 300 organizers. I know that there are many duplicates in both of those tables — but I don’t see an easy way to manage duplicates and other data quality issues. Is there a way to enable the Advanced Post Manager for venues and organizers? That would at least make it easier to see the problems.

Hi Colin,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, you can merge duplicate venues and organizers by going to Events Settings<General<Merge Duplicates.  Of course, before doing this, it is always advised to create a backup of your database.

You can enable Advanced Post Manager for venues and organizers.  Here is more information on how to configure that: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/filter-and-sort-events-with-advanced-post-manager/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t see a Merge Duplicates option on my General Settings
    page. Also, there’s nothing in that KB article about how to enable APM on
    the venue and organizer pages…

Hi Colin,

It seems that there is a bug where the Merge Duplicates button does not always show.  We do not currently have an ETA on when this will be fixed, however you will be noticed when the fix is ready.

Here’s a code snippet to override this option from your database https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/dublicate-venues/#post-1253363, which should make the button appear again.

In order to search by organizers/venues, you can go to your Events page and add Organizer and Venue filters.  This may help you to see what you are looking for.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Managing venues and organizers’ is closed to new replies.