Dublicate Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Dublicate Venues

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Riza
    Participant

I’m getting lots of dublicate venues. Is there way to avoid that? If not, how can I merge them?

Barry

Hi Riza,

Thanks for contacting us!

I guess my first question is, are the duplicates truly identical? That is, are there typically differences in the venue names, spelling of the addresses, or things like that (perhaps you could provide a few examples)?

Unless they are quite literally exact duplicates it can be hard for us to provide an automated means of eliminating this sort of thing, simply because there are legitimate cases we need to cater to.

Riza
    Participant
    Barry

Thanks!

If you visit Events → Settings → General and the system has managed to detect that multiple duplicate venues exist, you should see and be able to use the Duplicate Venues & Organizers → Merge Duplicates tool (just click the button!).

That ought to deal with the identical duplicates, though I’m afraid it currently requires manual work to deal with ‘near-duplicates’.

Does that help at all?

Riza
    Participant

Thank you. I wasn’t aware of that button.

Meanwhile, can you tell me how to edit a venue when viewing it? There doesn’t seem to be an edit venue like there is for edit event. As there are repeated venues with small differences on them locating them on the back end is not easy.

Riza
    Participant

also, after I edited the remaining venues to be exactly the same the merge button has not appeared. How can I make it appear again?

Barry

Hi Riza!

There doesn’t seem to be an edit venue like there is for edit event. As there are repeated venues with small differences on them locating them on the back end is not easy.

That is some valid feedback. Unfortunately, there is no link provided at present – but you can certainly propose we add this or else up-vote any suitable existing requests via our feature request page.

also, after I edited the remaining venues to be exactly the same the merge button has not appeared. How can I make it appear again?

This tool was originally meant to be used once only (it was built to solve an issue with duplicates that could accrue through a different process than the one you are facing) and so once it has run, it disappears.

However, some custom code can bring it back:

function always_show_venue_amalgamator_button( $option, $default, $name ) {
    	if ( $name !== 'organizer_venue_amalgamation' ) {
    		return $option;
    	}

return 0;
    }

add_filter( 'tribe_get_single_option', 'always_show_venue_amalgamator_button', 10, 3 );

You could add the above to a custom plugin or indeed to your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file, depending on which you are most comfortable with.

I hope that helps!

Riza
    Participant

Function worked. Thank you.

I have added my suggestion.

Barry

Glad that worked 🙂

I saw your comment coming through and – after further review – it does look like there has been a regression there (as the feature request page states, this should always be present since 4.1 but clearly is not).

We’ll be sure to take a look at that in an upcoming release.

Thanks again!

Arnaud
    Participant

Hi,

I confirm your custom code works to always display the merge button but it doesn’t merge anything.
    I’ve still a lot of duplicate venues :

Centre Culturel Bouddhique de Rennes

Can you explain wherein those pages are not identical?
    So, what is the issue the solution? Should I redirect all venues?
    Thanks

Barry

Hi Arnaud,

We’d be happy to help but would you mind creating a new topic of your own? I appreciate your goals are similar to Riza’s, but there could easily be a different underlying problem in your case (especially as Riza noted the solution worked for her).

Thanks!

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Dublicate Venues’ is closed to new replies.