Make all events "all day long events"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make all events "all day long events"

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by toerismeovl.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    toerismeovl
    Participant

Hi,

I have a custom input form for new events. My users can’t input start/end time because I don’t need it and it’s not relevant for my type of events. We only want to have and show start and end date.

I recently updated the events calendar plugins. This gives an error when submitting a new event: “Event Start Time is required” / “Event End Time is required”.

How can I make the start/end time not required or make all events standard “all day long”(or another way to get rid of this message so my users can submit again)?

Thanks in advance!

Hunter

Hello,

Welcome back and happy Saturday! The customizations you seek border on the line of custom code which we’re fairly limited in providing. I would be happy to point you towards any documentation and relative threads which might help bridge the gap. Sorry I can’t do more in this instance – please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article for more info. Our UserVoice Feature Ideas is also the best venue to submit feature request

I have a custom input form for new events.

Can you provide a link to the custom input form you’re using for new events? Does it differ from the default form included in Community Events (your-site.com/events/community/add)?

We only want to have and show start and end date.

You could either use CSS (though it might not accomplish 100% of what you want/need) and/or create a custom template as explained in our Themer’s Guide which would remove/comment out code related to start/end time.

You also might want to check over the Release Notes, plugin changelogs, and review Events > Help > Recent Template Changes to see if any existing overrides you have are using old/outdated code.

• Required Fields for Events Submission Form
    • https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/remove-required-fields-changing-error-message/
    • Change the default start/end time for new events

You could also try downgrade to the see if there were changes made recently which affect the date/time requirements.

Keep me posted with what you learn after reviewing my response and further testing on your end and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Make all events "all day long events"’ is closed to new replies.