Make a specific Calendar catagory private

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Make a specific Calendar catagory private

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi Andy! You’re perfectly correct of course – and if you want to give that a whirl (Phil) please do! You can find guidance on how to package up code as a plugin here.

The reason I shy away from suggesting this is that past experience tells me wrapping code in a plugin in this way can be a step too far for many people – who simply want to copy and paste code into a specific location (I’m not suggesting this is the case with you Phil!).

It’s a great idea though for those who are comfortable doing it 🙂

wort
    Participant

Great idea, and something our people have been requesting. We’ve got it working for the calendar, but not the list, so far. Thank you!

Hey guys!

This should do it. Please test it and let me know.
    https://gist.github.com/3415684

Phil
    Participant

How would I make this into a plugin?

Phil
    Participant

Er nevermind, I see the link above. How would I combine the 2 different codes from Barry and Daniel to make this work as a plugin?

Hey Phil, my snippet works as a plugin.

You just need to add the plugin header (http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin) and place it in wp-content/plugins/

Why do you need to combine the two codes?
    Cheers!

Phil
    Participant

Wasn’t sure if your snippet did both or if it needed to be combined with what Barry originally posted.

Barry

Yep Daniel’s code is the best choice here 🙂

And if you can wrap it up as a plugin you’ll be all set! Let us know if you need any further help.

Phil
    Participant

OK, I think I typed up the plugin properly. When I uploaded it to my site and try it out I get the following warning and the event doen’t show on the calendar, even if I am logged in….

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/allsaintsmedia/fred_pres/wp-content/plugins/Events_Calendar-Private_event.php_/Events_Calendar-Private_event.php on line 35

Phil
    Participant

Here is my code…

TribeEvents::TAXONOMY,
    ‘field’ => ‘slug’,
    ‘terms’ => array( ‘private’ ),
    ‘operator’ => ‘NOT IN’ );

/*
    * The we merge our new tax_query with the
    * original one, so we don’t loose any category
    * filter we may need to use in the Front End
    */

$taxquery = array_merge( $taxquery, $query->tax_query->queries );

/*
    * And at the end we add the new resulting tax_query
    * to the main events query, _before_ said query
    * so we don’t need to traverse the whole results
    * and delete the events we don’t want to show.
    * This is the equivalent of using pre_get_posts
    * to filter things out in the standard WordPress
    * way
    */

$query->set( ‘tax_query’, array( $taxquery ) );

return $query;
    }

Phil, can you post your code in http://pastebin.com/ and post here the link?

Thanks

Phil
    Participant
    Phil
    Participant

Interesting. Your plugin doesn’t fail for me.

Where are you seeing that notice exactly?

Phil
    Participant

I changed your hidden slug to private because that is the slug for my Private category. When I upload the plugin, then create an event and use the Private event category, when I update or publish the event I get that warning and then the event doesn’t appear on the calendar, even if I am logged in. It does however show in the backend list of events.

here is the link to the site being developed
    http://fredpres.allsaintsmedia.com/events

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘Make a specific Calendar catagory private’ is closed to new replies.