Major Problems with Event Imports
There could be two different errors at work. If there is nothing new in the history – and there should be by virtue of the scheduled imports you have configured, it may be that WordPress is unable to trigger the scheduled (‘cron’) tasks or that our own import scheduler is for some reason refusing to start the import jobs.
If you visit the Events → Help screen, is the logging level set to “Full debug (all events)”? If it is not, can you do that? I’d like to see what is captured there in relation to imports.
Further down on the same screen, under Import Services → Scheduler Status – does WP Cron Enabled show up with a green icon next to it?
If you return to the Events → Help screen then hopefully the logs will have filled out. If you can copy and paste the latest log entries across here, that would be appreciated.
Thanks also for the updated screenshots: it does look like at least a percentage of Facebook imports are succeeding, based on the screenshots you shared, though there are certainly still a large number of errors/failed imports (by contrast, our own server records show a largely successful trail of imports relating to your license key).
Import services says that WP Cron is not enabled – would this be causing problems? How do we fix it?
It could be a problem which is why I wanted to check on this angle but, in your case, my guess is you/your host/a dev you have engaged to build your site has provided an alternative means of triggering cron jobs (otherwise we wouldn’t see those recent updates in your history tab).
Here’s what we’re doing on our side: there is clearly a discrepancy between our view of the problem (as noted, our own logs paint a picture of mostly successful import jobs run on your behalf) and what you can see in your local import hostiryo, so we’re working to get more insights into what’s going wrong.
This remains a high priority for us but, owing to the complicated nature of this system, it may take more time to resolve.
Since my last update we’ve been able to track down some of the errors on our side and this time round I’ve been able to match some of the failures in your screenshots to our own records. It seems that, in many cases, Facebook is simply not returning any results. We’re going to have to dig into this some more to figure out exactly why that would be.
Concurrently, we’ve progressed a number of pieces of work that ought to resolve problems relating to various scenarios involving the import of events from Facebook groups and some other known problems.
We’ve got further work and other bugs still to progress, but improvements are steadily rolling out. Please continue to monitor the situation and hopefully we’ll start to see an decrease in the number of failures caught in the import history tab on your side.
This thread hasnt seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.
If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.