Major Problems with Event Imports
Also, how do we fix the issue with imports not working so we can reliably count on scheduled imports that should be there to run? Still having to do everything manually..
This problem – being able to import manually but not via scheduled events – is very much the core issue and work is in progress to resolve this: a set of changes are currently being tested, in fact, and if testing is successful we can include them in the next release of The Events Calendar.
Thanks, challenge is we’ve got a calendar that’s still trying to auto-call hundreds of imports that haven’t been scheduled, how do we fix?
I’m aware of your earlier note that the history tab appears to contain more entries than you would expect in relation to the number of imports you have scheduled. Is that what you are referring to, here? If so, I’d again note that a 1:1 correlation isn’t necessarily to be expected owing to the way the system is built.
There may well be repeated entries in the history tab for the same source URL and they may appear more frequently than you would expect given the import frequency you set. In itself, that’s not necessarily something to worry about.
My recommendation is we wait on a fix for the core issue and then revisit this specific aspect if it continues to be a problem at that point.
This is a really long forum topic and we’ve covered multiple issues – but what I’d recommend from here on is that we dedicate this topic to the core issue (manual imports working, scheduled imports failing) and create separate topics for any other issues happening in parallel.
That will make it a lot easier to track and provide focused updates.
A number of fixes have been released both on our own server and in the latest version of The Events Calendar. Especially with a few days having passed since that release I wanted to check in and see how things looked on your side.
It looks like perhaps you haven’t updated just yet (based on the readme data I see here) so I’d encourage you to do so, give it a few days and evaluate the status of things.
Looking at your license keys, you have business licenses but not multisite licenses.
Although we’re happy for you to use Events Calendar PRO on up to 3 sites (within a multisite network) using only a business license, automated updates are only available if you have a multisite license:
With that in mind, you would need to update those plugins manually, unless of course you upgrade to multisite licenses:
Re: imports, what I’m saying is I can literally see the plugin trying to pull imports like every other hour or on similar frequency – it never seems to stop making calls to try and import instead of running them at the scheduled times it’s supposed to. How do we stop this?
We’re taking a fresh look at this.
So we checked into this and, essentially, it seems like there is no reason for concern.
What you are seeing is simply a function of how many imports you have and the fact that the Event Aggregator client code breaks these down into smaller pieces (so, what looks like one scheduled import to you may actually be pulled in via several individual import operations).
It was certainly worth flagging this, but unless you are still seeing actual functional problems with imports not being pulled in as expected (if so, please provide specifics to better guide our efforts) I think we can put this to rest.
This thread hasnt seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.
If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.