Major Performance Issues caused by plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Major Performance Issues caused by plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Claudia Mundlos
    Participant

Hello there,
    The plugin is causing major performance issues on my blog which is forcing me to upgrade to a more expensive plan, however I am worried this will not solve the ongoing issue. Last week it even crashed my page and I had to disable. As soon as we enabled the calendar plugin again were were up to 100% usage in a matter of minutes 🙁 My page is http://sanford365.com
    I have been in contact with my host and this is one of the latest issues they are reporting:

There is a very large number of PHP slow errors, which indicate that a PHP function is taking longer than 5 seconds to complete. In fact the below error was generated a total of 14,363 time in the last 24 hours which is extremely high and indicates that the events plugin is running queries on your MySQL database that are taking a long time to complete. Here is a stack trace of the errors (below). You may want to consult a developer or the plugin developers to see if they can provide any assistance to help optimize these functions:

script_filename = /www//index.php mysqli_query() /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1924 _do_query() /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:1813 query() /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php:2488 get_results() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:2831 get_posts() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:3230 query() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:3336 __construct() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Query.php:1132 getEvents() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/general.php:239 tribe_get_events() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Adjacent_Events.php:244 get_closest_event() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Adjacent_Events.php:279 get_event_link() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Adjacent_Events.php:66 get_prev_event_link() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/link.php:46 tribe_get_prev_event_link() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/link.php:25 tribe_the_prev_event_link() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php:48 [INCLUDE_OR_EVAL]() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/general.php:45 tribe_get_view() /www/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Templates.php:483 load_ecp_into_page_template() /www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:286 apply_filters() /www/wp-includes/plugin.php:203 apply_filters() /www/wp-includes/post-template.php:240 the_content() /www/wp-content/themes/Extra/page-template-fullwidth.php

PLEASE HELP!!! How can we fix this issue? My page heavily relies on the plugin so I would love to keep using it!!

Other Issues I am having:

– Event Aggregator is not pulling events from Facebook at all. I have 0 Imports. Can you please look into this? I just paid for this add on last week.

– When I change the settings to display only 3 events per page (as suggested in Knowledgebase to speed up the page) it will not change on front end. Something else that doesn’t work is setting the calendar view to Full Width, it will always show the default, even though changed on backend.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Claudia!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems with the performance of your site.

We have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

Could you please let me know the number of Events, Venues and Organizers you currently have in your site? Are you on a shared hosting or VPS?

Is there a specific page in your site that is having a slowdown in performance? If so, please let me know which one so I can have a closer inspection to it.

Sadly, due to a range of changes to Facebook APIs (the protocols we use to ‘speak’ to their servers and retrieve event information) Facebook imports that previously worked are not currently possible.

You can learn more about this in the following article we’ve created, where we are posting regular updates so you can get the latest news about it > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news with this. Do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

As for the last issue you report, could you please open a new topic for it? This will allow us to keep things separate and make sure we give the proper attention to each of them.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Major Performance Issues caused by plugin’ is closed to new replies.