Lots of issues with importing from EventBrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Lots of issues with importing from EventBrite

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    graphicpilot
    Participant

I am having the issue as Jessie with #4 I believe: as soon as we import the events, they disappear from the public view in our EventBrite account! This should not be due to any 3rd party plugin as nothing else is interacting with the import process that your plugin does through the EventBrite API.

All I did was copy/paste the EventBrite event ID #’s (which imported them pretty well!) and published them. One by one those events disappeared from our public view: http://sjhra.eventbrite.com

What’s the deal here?

Nico

Hi graphicpilot,

That issue is being address in this topic. You can check the progress being made there.

Best,
    Nico

graphicpilot
    Participant

Nico,

I don’t think you fully understood my reply. I’m not talking about the status of the Event custom post types – I’m talking about the events on the EventBrite side. They become invisible to the public at EventBrite.com after EventBrite Tickets imports them into WordPress. This should not happen.

kyler

graphicpilot
    Participant

Upon further investigation, it is definitely happening when I import the events. We had one more left to do, “AB 1825… Training the Trainer”. It was public before the import, password protected after the import, even though the right toggles were in place prior to publishing the event in The Events Calendar.

When I go back to the Event Dashboard in EventBrite and go to Manage, the event shows Password Protected even though the radio button for Public is selected already. Once you hit save the issue is fixed. But having to do this is hardly automatic nor worth the cost of buying a plugin at $89 if you have to do this manually every time.

Nico

Hey Kyler,

I totally understand your frustration with the issue you describe. It sounds like a legit bug we’ll surely want to look into that. But I cannot help you here as we try to keep just one thread for one problem, and a different one is being addressed here.

Please open up a new topic and someone in our support team will be happy to help you. Include a link back to this post if you think it’s related with Jessie’s issue #4.

Thanks,
    Nico

Jon
    Participant

Hey Nico,

any word on the patch?

Jon
    Participant

Just to clarify – I upgraded to the 3.10, I still don’t have any other plugins activated, and am using the twenty fifteen theme. I tried checking the box that says “Automatically Convert Timezone” and leaving it unchecked, but it still changes the event time in EventBrite when I make any changes and save in WordPress. 🙁

Nico

Hey Jessie,

Thanks for following up. Checked on this myself with 3.10 versions of the plugins last week. And as you point out it’s still failing, thanks for the heads-up on this.

The fix for the bug is done, but it’s still pending QA. I hope the QA team can confirm this is working today/tomorrow. Sorry this is taking long but please be sure this is on my radar, and as soon as the fix is ready I’ll send it over.

Really looking forward to solving this,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for your patience so far! Hopefully EventBrite maintenance release is out, you can check the details here:Release: Eventbrite Tickets 3.10.1. I’ve tested your issue with the update and it’s solved!

Please update the plugin and let me know if it’s works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Lots of issues with importing from EventBrite’ is closed to new replies.