Lots of issues with import and display

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Lots of issues with import and display

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ivan
    Participant

IMPORTING:
    Have 2 calendars set to import every 30 minutes.
    Neither had imported in several days. Neither seemed to be able to import manually. This has happened many times, where it just stops importing, and I have to try and go in and do it manually.
    So, this time, I deleted both of those imports and started over. Now getting a “fatal” error when I set up one of my calendars. See screenshot.

DISPLAYING
    Even when items were imported, the calendar is only displaying items for like a month in advance, even when there are many events in the subsequent months.

So:
    Was only showing January events, even though I have events in Feb, Mar that were (supposedly) imported.

Please please help.

Hi Ivan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with Event Aggregator.

Would you mind re-attaching the screenshot you were referring to?  It doesn’t seem to be attached to your thread.  Also please enable the Event Log under Events < Help, and try running your imports again and let me know if anything unusual appears.

Also, can you take a screenshot of your Event Aggregator Status? (located right under the Event Log)

And please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

Can you also provide me with the URLs that you are having trouble with importing?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ivan
    Participant

Thanks. Yeah, the screenshot is small and skinny, so easy to miss, but it’s there (at least for me). I’ve attached it again. And here is the screenshot in another place:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0X305QMlVnMRUDgu0zDecNrD3Vdi7WL/view?usp=sharing

And here is a video of me executing the steps in order to reproduce the issue:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d_efmhURmN7XoHdsyyVIGDhFCrpoyrSs/view?usp=sharing

The debug stuff is over my head, but I think I get the basic gist. If you can give me step-by-step instructions I’m sure I can do it. But as it is that’s not enough info for me to go in and do php stuff. Sorry.

Here is the URL with the issue
    1. webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=118506&key=AQB21ZVkzlsMMkKc. Note that when I paste the other listed url: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gu423r4bfd3jcvpls972ph1dif2ofoao%40import.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles
    I get this error: “There was an error fetching the results from your import: Events could not be imported. The URL provided did not have events in the proper format.”

Couple more notes: it’s been saying this since this morning. Seems to be trapped in this status:
    “Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.” Literally been like 6 hours of it doing that now.

So, what next?

I’ve enabled event log before doing the steps again (as seen in the video). Here is that stuff pasted:

HOME URL
    http://artcal.info
    SITE URL
    http://artcal.info
    SITE LANGUAGE
    English
    CHARACTER SET
    UTF-8
    NAME
    ivan
    EMAIL
    [email protected]
    INSTALL KEYS
    event-aggregator = 0c25################################2233
    WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    PHP
    max_execution_time = 30
    memory_limit = 256M
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    post_max_size = 64M
    display_errors = 1
    log_errors = 1
    SERVER
    Apache
    SAPI
    cgi-fcgi
    PLUGINS
    Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) version 5.1.1.3 by Alin Marcu(https://deconf.com)
    The Events Calendar version 4.6.8 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)

NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS
    Endurance Page Cache version 1.1 by Mike Hansen(https://www.mikehansen.me/)
    THEME
    artcalendar

MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    schema-version = 4.6.8
    recurring_events_are_hidden = hidden
    previous_ecp_versions =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    [1] => 4.5.10.1
    [2] => 4.5.11
    [3] => 4.6
    [4] => 4.6.7
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 4.6.8
    last-update-message-the-events-calendar = 4.5.10.1
    tribeEnableViews =
    Array
    (
    [0] => list
    [1] => month
    )
    tribe_aggregator_default_update_authority = preserve_changes
    tribe_aggregator_default_post_status = publish
    tribe_aggregator_default_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_csv_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_csv_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_ical_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_ical_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_ical_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_ics_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_ics_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_ics_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_facebook_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_facebook_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_facebook_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_gcal_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_gcal_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_gcal_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_meetup_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_meetup_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_meetup_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_url_post_status =
    tribe_aggregator_default_url_category =
    tribe_aggregator_default_url_show_map = no
    tribe_aggregator_default_url_import_range = 2592000
    tribe_aggregator_default_url_import_event_settings = no
    tribe_aggregator_disable =
    donate-link =
    postsPerPage = 10
    liveFiltersUpdate =
    showComments =
    showEventsInMainLoop = 1
    eventsSlug = events
    singleEventSlug = event
    multiDayCutoff = 00:00
    defaultCurrencySymbol = $
    reverseCurrencyPosition =
    embedGoogleMaps = 1
    embedGoogleMapsZoom = 10
    debugEvents =
    tribe_events_timezone_mode = site
    tribe_events_timezones_show_zone =
    earliest_date = 2017-08-23 07:00:00
    earliest_date_markers =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 389
    )
    latest_date = 2018-01-12 12:00:00
    latest_date_markers =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 977
    )
    front_page_event_archive = 1
    stylesheetOption = tribe
    tribeEventsTemplate =
    viewOption = month
    tribeDisableTribeBar = 1
    monthEventAmount = -1
    enable_month_view_cache = 1
    dateWithYearFormat = F j, Y
    dateWithoutYearFormat = F j
    monthAndYearFormat = F Y
    dateTimeSeparator = @
    timeRangeSeparator = –
    datepickerFormat = 0
    tribeEventsBeforeHTML =
    tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    organizer_venue_amalgamation = 1
    fb_token =
    fb_token_expires =
    fb_token_scopes =
    logging_level = debug
    logging_class = Tribe__Log__File_Logger
    tribe_aggregator_default_import_limit_type = range
    tribe_aggregator_default_import_limit_range = 2592000
    tribe_aggregator_default_import_limit_number =
    WP TIMEZONE
    America/Los_Angeles
    WP GMT OFFSET
    SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC
    WP DATE FORMAT
    F j, Y
    WP TIME FORMAT
    g:i a
    WEEK STARTS ON
    COMMON LIBRARY DIR
    /home2/u0qvay04/artcal.info/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe
    COMMON LIBRARY VERSION

Hi Ivan,

Thanks so much for providing me with all of this information!

As far as this URL goes (webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=118506&key=AQB21ZVkzlsMMkKc), I was unable to reproduce the error that you are seeing and was able to import the feed as expected.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Also, can you try changing your Month View Events per day to a positive number (like 2 or 3).  You can find this under Events Settings < Display.

After doing so, you may also want to flush your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ivan
    Participant

Ok, see individual responses and comments below in bold:

Thanks so much for providing me with all of this information!

As far as this URL goes (webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=118506&key=AQB21ZVkzlsMMkKc), I was unable to reproduce the error that you are seeing and was able to import the feed as expected.
    Ok, perhaps it’s being added successfully now, but it’s still not importing any events. That goes for both calendars. They are importing zero events. The FB calendar is still spinning wheel and says “your import is in process” that just goes on and on and doesn’t stop.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
      Deactivated all plugins (there was only one in play besides yours)
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
      Reverted to 2017 and 2015. Issue persisted

3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating
      When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.
      A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.
      Again, did this

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
  • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)
    This is all totally over my head, and so you’re losing me. I’m not a developer.

• Also, can you try changing your Month View Events per day to a positive number (like 2 or 3). You can find this under Events Settings < Display.
    Did this, not change

After doing so, you may also want to flush your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.
    I saw no place to “flush” permalinks, but I went to the page, and simply clicked “save changes”.

Seems like you’re a. asking me to do things I’ve already done before even contacting support (revert themes, turn off plugins, etc.) or b. asking me to do things that might fall under wp expert stuff. I’m not an expert. I paid for a plugin. It has yet to work with any consistency.

I’m attaching a few screenshots. These show calendars with items on them (e.g. on Jan 13), and the import showing 0 imports.

Hi Ivan,

I appreciate you running through all of these troubleshooting steps.  I know it can seem tedious, however it’s the best way to rule out conflicts and other issues.

As far as this URL goes: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=gu423r4bfd3jcvpls972ph1dif2ofoao%40import.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles, I believe that it is in the wrong format for Event Aggregator to read.  In order to find the right format, go to your Google Calendar, navigate to the calendar you want to import under My Calendars on the left side and click the three dots.  Go to Settings and Sharing and scroll down to Integrate Calendar.  Try using the URL under Public Address in iCal format, and import with that URL.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Lots of issues with import and display’ is closed to new replies.