Lost recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Lost recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Ever since our last update, we’ve lost our recurring events feature when we are creating events. And, there is a new feature “schedule multiple events” which apparently allows for us to create a multi-day event – very not intuitive! Can you tell me if there is a bug or something in the update or how I can turn on recurring events again? I’ve checked the settings and there is no button to turn it on. Thanks

Caroline

Hi Meena,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m so sorry for the confusion here! We’ve made some changes with our latest release to the labeling and interface for recurring events in Events Calendar PRO, but you’ll find that all the same features (and more!) are still available to you in version 4.4. The new Event Series section contains all of our newly-renamed recurring events features–simply click the “Schedule multiple events” button to expand those tools, and you’ll be all set to start setting up your recurring events. You can read more about the latest changes here on our Knowledgebase, if you’re interested in learning more!

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit! As always, let us know if you should have any other questions, and thanks again for stopping by! 🙂

Lauren
    Participant

That’s probably the problem – when I click on Schedule multiple events, it doesn’t expand to give me more options. When I wanted to create a multi day event, I clicked on that and it worked (no options, it just did it) but I haven’t been able to create recurring events because the button doesn’t expand. Is there a setting or something that I’m missing?

Meena

Caroline

Hi Meena,

Thanks for following up with some more information here–very strange to hear that the multiple events button isn’t responding properly for you! Can you confirm whether or not you have any additional plugins set up that affect the display or functionality of your WordPress backend (rather than the user-facing portions of your site)? If you’re able to spare a few minutes for it, a round of conflict testing could potentially be a great help here. If disabling any one of your plugins is able to restore proper button functionality, that information would be very useful to our development team.

Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns!

Lauren
    Participant

Hi Caroline,

We haven’t had any plugin conflict issues up until this most recent upgrade from Events Calendar. I can test a few but most we’ve had from when we created our website and I wouldn’t want to disable them. I’m guessing you haven’t heard of this issue from anyone else?

Lauren
    Participant

Also, I think we lost some other functionality, such as, when we click on the date of the event, a calendar doesn’t come up anymore. That was very valuable for this plugin. Is that supposed to have happened?

Caroline

Hi Meena,

Thanks for confirming! No worries about disabling any necessary plugins on your site–we request conflict testing from users as a temporary measure just to identify problems and isolate theme and/or plugin conflicts from bugs that occur independently of other code. If you’re hesitant to perform this testing on your live site, we highly recommend the use of a staging site for this (and in general)! It’s a great tool to have at your disposal and ensures that you’ll never have to worry about issues cropping up from plugin updates on your live site. You can learn more about staging sites and how to set one up here.

Let me know if you should have any other questions here! Once we’re able to get some testing underway, we can begin to move closer to locating a culprit–and a solution! 🙂 Thanks so much for your patience as we work to get things resolved for you here!

Lauren
    Participant

Ok, now I’m getting really frustrated with the new update. I can’t seem to create new events at all! I just tried and it keeps saying its scheduled for the date I put in but its not on the calendar and I can preview it but its not live. What’s happening here? Is there any way that I can go back to the previous version of events calendar because I really don’t have time for this or the testing that it would take for you to figure this out!

Lauren
    Participant

I was able to publish an event after all but I had to copy it a couple of times before the publish button came up. That could have been operator error but I’m definitely having the issue with the recurring events

Caroline

Hi Meena,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re still having issues here. Unfortunately, conflict testing of this nature remains the most effective way to troubleshoot WordPress plugin errors, and it’s a method used by quite a number of plugin developers due to its effectiveness! We do hope you’ll consider completing our tests during a period of low visitor activity (a number of plugins exist to place your site in maintenance mode while testing is underway) or setting up a staging environment for your site.

That said, should you prefer to simply downgrade instead, you always have the option of downloading previous versions of our plugins from your account. Our Knowledgebase article here provides more information on how to downgrade your software.

I hope that helps–thanks again, and let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

Lauren
    Participant

Thanks Caroline,

It turns out it seems to be a browser issue. We work primarily in Chrome where the features are not working. I’ve tested on both Opera and IE and it does work. Do you know if I can change a setting in Chrome to allow for the updated plugin?

Whew, at least it seems like a relatively easy fix

Caroline

Hi Meena,

Thanks so much for following up with some more information here! I’m thrilled to hear that you’ve been able to get the latest updates working in your other browsers! 🙂 Many of us here in support and development (myself included) do use Chrome as our daily driver, so we’re not aware of any issues needing workarounds at this time. Do you run Chrome with any active extensions or userscripts that might be interacting with your pages? We’d love the opportunity to test further and see if we can replicate the issues you’ve experienced!

Thank you!

Lauren
    Participant

We do have AdBlock Plus, Disconnect and Https everywhere on our computers. But, I did test on Opera which also blocks ads and such and it did work. Other than, those, I don’t think we have anything in particular setup on Chrome

Caroline

Hi Meena,

Thanks for confirming! Are you able to open an incognito window and attempt logging in and testing the plugin functions in this window? This should allow us to sidestep any extensions or other add-ons that Chrome might be running, just in case a custom rule in one or more of these extensions might be interfering with our scripts!

Lauren
    Participant

I did open in an incognito window and the plugin worked fine. We can certainly work around this, but do you know of any reason why it wouldn’t work in Chrome when it was before?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Lost recurring events’ is closed to new replies.