Long Load Time / Empty Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Long Load Time / Empty Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stacy
    Participant

http://verovine.com/news/events/

Ever since purchasing the tri pack our calendar takes 2 minutes to load and and is empty but we have nearly 10k records.

All plugins are up to date.

Stacy
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Stacy.
    Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Stacy
    Participant

my server load issues are related to the cron row in wp_options – it’s huge, over 3 million characters in length

is this related to TEC?

Stacy
    Participant

I had already enabled month view caching. I changed the default view to week and now the page loads but as you can see it is showing many events not in the wee or day view?

http://verovine.com/news/events/2017-07-20/

Why would this be happening? This seems to be the reason for such long load times.

I have a caching system but not enabled right now. The transient plugin showed 2900 transient records all related to TEC. I cleared them out and am down to 29.

Single day view should not show events from 2014?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Stacy!

I’m sorry you are still experiencing that issue.

It seems there could be a conflict with your theme or other plugins, so could you please go through the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and see if it changes anything?

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try navigating a few times to the pages where you are experiencing performance issues, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Before doing all the tests, I’d recommend you make a full backup of your site (both database and files) so in case something goes wrong you can always go back to a previous state.

Another thing we’d recommend is setting up a staging/dev site to make all this tests, this will allow you to not disrupt your live site in case something happens.

Let us know how it goes and if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Long Load Time / Empty Calendar’ is closed to new replies.