Location Search and Map View not Functioning

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location Search and Map View not Functioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kit
    Participant

Location search bar and Map view not functioning. I’ve read in a couple other threads that perhaps these features are only functional in the USA. I’m located in Canada and thus all my events are located in Canada as well.

Also want to know if I purchased the Filter bar would this be a fix for this solution. I already have the Events Calendar Pro version.

Here’s the link to my dev server: http://tikmedia.ca/mdw/locations-2/

Hunter

Hey Kit,

Welcome to our PRO support forums 🙂

As far as I know, the features should be functional in Canada. We had a team meeting yesterday and there wasn’t a mention of it. It sounds like it would be a pretty big problem for a lot of our users, so I would rule out your geographical location to any issues you are experiencing.

I noticed you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting back to the default WP theme, but can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? You’ll need to temporarily revert back to the default WP theme and deactivate all plugins other than ours.

The Filter Bar plugin shouldn’t have any effect, positive or negative on the issues you’re currently experiencing as I suspect you have a theme and/or plugin conflict causing the conflict.

Keep me posted with what you find out and we’ll continue investigating. Thank you for reaching out and I look forward to resolving the issue with you. Cheers!

Kit
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kit
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Kit,

Welcome back and thank you for the update. Glad to hear the Google Maps API key solved your issues. At this time, there isn’t an easy way to hide all countries other than Canada in the Tribe Search Bar’s ‘Location‘ field.

I did quite a bit of digging but was unable to find any working examples of restricting that field to a particular country. We welcome these kinds of recommendations with open arms over at our UserVoice Feature Ideas.

Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you and please let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Location Search and Map View not Functioning’ is closed to new replies.