Location not displaying in frontend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Location not displaying in frontend

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcial
    Participant

Hi there

We have several events that all work fine. But there is one that doesn’t display the location in the frontend. It is setup identically like all the others, but this particular feature just doesn’t seem to work with this one. The plugins (basic & pro) are up to date. I even changed the location to different ones and saved it even without location. But that didn’t help either.

Business Innovation

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
    Marcial

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Marcial,

Thanks for using The Events Calendar, I’m happy to help out here.:)

Because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. 🙂

Let me know what you find out & we’ll go from there!

Best,
    Shelby 🙂

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Shelby

I moved a copy of the page back to a staging-server. There I deactivated all Plugins except the Events Calendar and Pro. I set the theme to Seventeen. There is no cache active and there are no custom codes of any sort intervening.

Still, the problem persists. It doesn’t matter what I do, it never shows the location in the frontend.

For all other events deleting and adding locations works fine. I guess I could just make a new event, but in the live-version there are a lot of connections to this event. Therefore I hope we find a solution to fix this without making a new event.

I’m looking forward to your suggestions.

Best,
    Marcial

Barry

Hi Marcial,

Are you positive that the event in question is assigned to a venue with a valid address?

When I view this other event from your website, for example, I can see details about the venue and a map.

When I view the problematic event, though, no venue details or map displays.

I realize you noted having tried to assign to a location already: can you link me to whichever venue you associated it with? Or, if it is not currently assigned to a venue, can you do so and let me know if there is still a problem?

Thanks!

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Barry

Yes, I double checked like a 100 times to be as sure as humanly possible 🙂 I even changed to other locations (that work with other events) and back again.

That’s the location: https://www.embe.unisg.ch/veranstaltungsort/weiterbildungszentrum-holzweid/. This one is actualy the one used the most on our page and works with all other events (exception see below).

So nothing new from our site: still not working. When checking trough other events, I even found another event where the/this location isn’t working: https://www.embe.unisg.ch/event/modul-transformational-leadership/.

Since changing the location doesn’t help, I assume the problem is related to the events and not the locations.

Best,
    Marcial

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcial!

I’m sorry for a bit of delay here. Let me help you out while Shelby is out for some days.

It seems as if the venue is not assigned to those events somehow. Please try the following with one of those events:

• Go to the wp-admin and edit the event
    • Remove the venue assigned and click save with no venue assigned to it.
    • Then select a venue again and save it.

Does it show after that?

What happens if you create a new event and assign it that same venue. Does it show?

Let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Victor

Create new event with same venue: works

Delete the venue from the existing event and save: works (but it doesn’t show a venue anyway, so that doesn’t tell much)
    Setting the venue again and save: doesn’t work

As I stated in previous posts, I tried all those things several times already. So I’m afraid I have no new insights for you.

Best,
    Marcial

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcial!

Thanks for clearing that out.

This is a strange issue. I think it could be those event records in the database are corrupt somehow.

Do you recall having created those events from scratch or did you import them or duplicated from other events?

Do you remember if those events did show the venue info at some point in the past? If so, did you update/install a plugin or made a change to your site after that?

Please let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Victor

I set them up from scratch. But that happened a long time ago. I assume they were working at some point, because we checked the website prior to launch. But I can’t confirm that.

Of course there have been many updates since then. But except those two all other events work fine. That makes it so difficult to track down the error.

Do you have any tool to check the events-database for problems? Otherwise I think it’s the easiest way now to delete the affected events completely and set them up from scratch. If I assign them the same URL as they had before, I think we should be save.

What do you think?

Best,
    Marcial

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Marcial
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Marcial
    Participant

Hi Victor

I set up the new events. So far everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for checking the database. So let’s assume that was a one-time error happening somewhere in the past that is not going to cause any more trouble.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
    Marcial

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcial!

Glad to know it’s working fine now. Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

Yes, it might have been a glitch somehow. I’ll close this thread now, but don’t hesitate to open a new topic if you experience the same issue and reference this one from there.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Location not displaying in frontend’ is closed to new replies.