Loading icon at top doesn’t go away

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Loading icon at top doesn’t go away

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shawn
    Participant

I have Events PRO installed on my up to date WP site. When I view the events page, I get a spinning loading icon at the top that never goes away … what am I doing wrong???

site: http://www.firstagrockhill.org/events/

Barry

That’s odd – did this just happen all of a sudden or is this a new site?

Can you try our regular steps of deactivating all other plugins (except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO) and switching to a default, unmodified theme?

If everything works under those conditions, start reactivating everything again one-at-a-time and see if you can isolate whatever might be conflicting. This is often the fastest way to drill down and figure out what’s going wrong.

Let me know how you get on ๐Ÿ™‚

Shawn
    Participant

I have tried all the usual steps as you suggested. I have even re-installed WP and Events Calendar and Pro … The only thing that helps is a deactivation of both EC and EC Pro … but that just gets rid of the spinning circle. I think a related issue may be that I cannot see any events in the admin back end (see my other post for details: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/no-events-showing-in-admin-back-end/)

I just noticed this a couple weeks ago, but that may have been after I changed the folder that my WP site resides in. Maybe I corrupted something or a DB link is broken? Strange that I can get venue and event categories, but no events ….

Can i provide any other info that would help?

Barry

That second issue may relate to Advanced Post Manager (the box you see above the list of events in the admin environment) and probably isn’t related – but one of the team will be along to help in that other thread shortly in any case.

On other thing to try here is switching to the Default Page Template (via the Events > Settings > Display admin screen) – does that help at all?

Shawn
    Participant

It helped the layout a bit, but the icon is still there.

Barry

OK. Just to be absolutely clear, you did try switching to a default and completely unmodified theme as part of those troubleshooting steps?

It looks to me like a core plugin stylesheet (tribe-events-full.min.css) is not being loaded at all – and that needs to be present to resolve this – whereas I can see the equivalent stylesheet from Events Calendar PRO (tribe-events-pro-full.min.css) is present – so something’s out of whack there.

I do see your theme, Incarnation, has a number of event related customizations (such as stylesheets contained in incarnation/config-events-calendar) … I’m unsure if these were put in place by you or shipped with the theme, but I’m essentially wondering if theme code might be knocking out the stylesheet I referenced and replacing it with its own, resulting in this problem?

Shawn
    Participant

OK, so, on your suggestion that it may be the theme, i downloaded a fresh copy of the theme and compared the files from that to what is on my website. I did find an extra folder for some reason, so i renamed it and that seems to have fixed the spinning symbol issue. Looks like I’ll have to iron out some css issues, but other than that it looks ok.
    Thanks for the help.

Barry

Awesome ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s a shame we didn’t catch that with the initial troubleshooting steps – by switching to a default, unmodified theme (and sometimes this happens – but I’d love to know if those steps are ambiguous in any way so we could make it clearer in future support exchanges with other users) – but the main thing is we solved the issue with the spinner.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Loading icon at top doesn’t go away’ is closed to new replies.