Little Issue: German translation of "all events" is not ok

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Little Issue: German translation of "all events" is not ok

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi,
    the same issue we have for a long time: The term “all events” is translated as “All Veranstaltungen”
    (see screenshot).
    The correct translation would be “Alle Veranstaltungen”
    Unfortunately I have not found a possibility to correct the translation in PO-files: Either there is “all” or “events”, but not “all events”

Best regards

Hans-Gerd

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/translations-6/

Barry

Hi Hans-Gerd!

The text you are probably looking for is All %s and the reason for the %s is that some users may wish to replace ‘Events’ with an alternative term, such as ‘Parties’.

Does that help?

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately this doesn’t help: I have checked just once more the translation in POEDIT (see screenshot). There seems to be anything ok.

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

Barry

Hmm, I may have jumped to the wrong conclusions here:

• Is this in relation to German (de_DE) or is it a different language/locality?
    • Where do you see All Events being translated to All Veranstaltungen, exactly? When I test locally (de_DE) the single events page contains Alle Veranstaltungen (which I understand from your post to be correct)

Thanks for clarifying!

Hans-Gerd
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    thanks a lot for answer.
    Seem to be, that this issue is known. See here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/view-all-recurring-events-dont-list-the-events/#post-1230323

So I will wait for next release before updating to TEC 4.4

Best regards
    Hans-Gerd

Barry

Ah, I see. I didn’t realize you were referring to the ‘all’ slug used for certain recurring event URLs—but thanks for updating and marking this as resolved

Dr. Annette
    Participant

We have the same problem with the german translation:

1. I correct the .po file with “all” instead of “alle” – ok – no problem.

2. Now is the wrong text on every serial events: “All Veranstaltungen” Thats wrong. I should be “Alle Veranstaltungen”

What i am wondering: The problem is longer than the last version known – why isnt it fixed?

Barry

Hi Dr Annette,

In general, I’d recommend posting your own support topic (even if the problem appears to be the same) 🙂

We did fix this, however as is often the case with translation-based problems there can be some delay before the translations themselves – which are provided by the community – catch up with the code.

In your case, I’d recommend undoing the change you made (if that was made in the Events Calendar PRO translation file) and instead updating the translation for The Events Calendar itself and ensuring ‘all’ is translated there.

Again, if you need further help with this, please do post your own support topic.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Little Issue: German translation of "all events" is not ok’ is closed to new replies.