List View showing yesterday's events first?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List View showing yesterday's events first?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    nakturnal
    Participant

Hi there, I just wanted to follow up.

So our events are no longer showing up from yesterday (as there was an event yesterday that was happening at the same time as I posted this), so I just wanted to see if anyone on your team had fixed anything? I am very curious as to what it could be (server side date issues? another plugin or script that is malicious? etc). I am experiencing some issue with the tribe_is_multiday() loading events that are not multiple days and I’m curious if the issue has the same root as this one posted here.

Anyhow, I greatly appreciate your help thus far! My skills are not where I’d like them to be with PHP and I am working on an event heavy site that is really trying to push the limits.

Cheers and thanks!

nakturnal
    Participant

Also – for the multiple loops – I tried figuring out how to separate the widget and the list but to no avail. tribe_is_day seems to be used in both codes and so if I add the code above that Jonah provided (which works great!) then the widget calendar and the list calendar will display the same amount of posts. Eventually, I would like to have the widgets only display 5 events and the list show 10-15. I’ll keep working at it, thank you much for your feedback!

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Nakturnal – and for the words. Happy to do what we can, when we can 🙂 So are you saying that the 2.0.3 update fixed the issue that originally happened? And that this other one has emerged in its place? Let me know and I can get someone to respond as needed.

If you need Jonah to take another look at the second point, just let me know and I’ll give him a heads up.

nakturnal
    Participant

NOt quite. The update was made prior to Yesterday’s events still being listed on the Current Events page. I’m not sure if someone on your team fixed something (I email Jonah FTP and WP Admin info a couple weeks ago) or if something else happened that I was unaware of. I tried many things to fix it and maybe just got lucky? But I think it may have been someone on your team? Not sure but for now it is working as it should!

As for the other issue with having two loops (one on the homepage for recent posts and one on the events page for the upcoming events) – Jonah’s code worked great to get more events listed on the page. The problem is that it also made the Widget listed events show the same amount. So if I made the main listing have 20 posts then the widget would to the same (it overrides the options chosen in the widget admin section). I tried figuring out a way to separate them via If statements and some coding but no luck. This is a high priority for us so we can list as many events as possible on the Upcoming Events page because there are a lot (we only have 5 on there now and sometimes there are 5-10 in one night alone).

Appreciate the assistance thus far!! I hope someone can help with the multiple loops thing.

Thanks!!

nakturnal
    Participant

Ok, so for some reason the previous day displaying problem still exists. I’m not sure why on Thursday that Wednesday’s events did not show up but now it being Sunday, Saturday is still showing up.

This is a top priority for me to fix. I am still having no luck figuring out a solution. I’m not sure if there is another date that is on the site that it is pulling from in order for it to not remove the event on the following day.

Maybe it has some connection with my other issue (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/multiday-event-cutoff/page/2/) where all of the events are being listed as multi-day? Maybe solving one will take care of both?

Again, I appreciate the assistance on this. It’s driving me crazy and my client, Nakturnal, is also getting frustrated. They are an event based website (lots of people look to their site for upcoming events in the city) so it is a major problem to show events that are already past. Please help as soon as you can, thanks a million!!!

Rob

Sure thing. I’ve got Jonah taking a look here today. Hopefully we can get this resolved from there; if not, I’ll bring in another dev to take a look.

Rob

Just a heads up that Jonah and I reviewed this yesterday, and for the multi-day event item we’re going to need to bring in another dev to take a look. I’ve asked him to respond here today.

nakturnal
    Participant

Thank you so much! I appreciate the dedication to my issue!

Rob

Happy to do what we can. Sorry we haven’t been able to offer up more yet. Stay tuned…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘List View showing yesterday's events first?’ is closed to new replies.