List View – Ongoing Events Past Current Date

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions List View – Ongoing Events Past Current Date

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brandon

I was wondering if there was a way in the pro version to have all events that are still going/on-going that can be listed under header “On-Going Events” then below that the normal “Upcoming Events”? We post calendar events for events in the community of our industry and some of the events can last several weeks or months and we would like to create a division of the two to give our customers better clarity, not to mention it gets confusing having too many calendar events ahead of the events following the current date.

I greatly appreciate all your help and support, and if this can be done I’d be more than happy to purchase the PRO version. Thank you. I’ve provided an example below of our intended layout.

Ex:
    On-Going Events

• Insect Zoo – LA Natural History Museum
    • Nov 17th, 2017 – Jan 31, 2018
    • Insect Safari – LA Arboretum
    • Dec 23th, 2017 – Feb 8, 2018

Upcoming Events

• Martin Luther King Day – BioQuip Closed
    • Jan 15, 2018
    • Lorequin Society Meeting – BioQuip Products (Rancho Dominguez)
    • Jan 26, 2018
    • Washington’s Birthday – BioQuip Closed
    • Feb 19, 2018
    • Lorequin Society Meeting – BioQuip Products (Rancho Dominguez)
    • Feb 22, 2018

Hi Brandon,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

Out of the box, we do not have this exact functionality available, however we do have a few different options available for displaying recurring events.  First, you do have the option to display only the first recurring event instance in list view.  You also have the option to allow users to decide whether they want to show all instances of recurring events from the front-end.

In addition, you may be able to edit the templates to make a customization like this possible.  Our Themer’s Guide is a great place to start!

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if anything else comes up!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘List View – Ongoing Events Past Current Date’ is closed to new replies.