List view is starting on tomorrow’s date rather than today

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List view is starting on tomorrow’s date rather than today

• This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Curtis Costner.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Curtis Costner
    Participant

I am having trouble with the current days events not displaying again. When we import the events via CVS we have a start date and end date that are the same. After importing if you look at the list of events everything seems to be correct, but if you open a single event to edit it it shows the end date as one day before the start date. Screen shots of both are attached. Is there a way to resolve this so that each individual event doesn’t need to be edited.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Curtis,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties importing events. I will try to help figure out the issue.

Can you provide me with the CSV file that you are importing from? You can post it in a private reply if you’d like.

I will try the import on my end and see if I can track down the problem.

Thanks,
    Sky

Curtis Costner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Curtis,

I was actually unable to import any events from this file. I ran it by one of our import experts, and he pointed out that there is no event title defined in the CSV, and events need a title in order to import. He added a title and was able to import with the dates displaying correctly.

How are these files being generated? If possible, can you try adding event titles and see if that makes a difference on your end?

Thanks,
    Sky

Curtis Costner
    Participant

These files are created manually. There was an over site on this one in the naming of the columns. We corrected the column names to include an Event Name and reimported with the same results.

As I mentioned before on the list view of events the start and end dates appear correct, but when you go into and individual event to edit, it shows the end state being the day before the start date on every single one. Please see the attached file.

Sky
    Keymaster

Curtis,

When doing the import, are you selecting the column name for start time, end time, etc from the dropdowns at the top within the import preview? Just a tip, that whole interface scrolls to the right to show all of the different attributes available to map within the import. This may not be obvious at first.

If that is all correct when importing, I wonder if it could be a timezone issue? Can you tell me what you have set for both the WordPress timezone settings (Settings > General : Timezone) and the Events Calendar timezone settings (Events > Settings > “General” tab, “Timezone Mode” setting)?

Thanks,
    Sky

Curtis Costner
    Participant

Yes, we use the preview and assign each column.

Wordpress Timezone is set to: Los Angeles
    Events Timezone is set to: Use the local timezones for each event

When I first looked and the Events Plugin timezone setting is said a timezone update was needed. I clicked the button, then reimported the list. The same issue remains.

Sky
    Keymaster

Curtis,

That is indeed strange. Can you please provide me with the updated CSV file? I would like to make sure I can or can’t reproduce the issue using the same variables locally before digging deeper for the cause.

Thanks,
    Sky

Curtis Costner
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Curtis,

I imported the CSV file using the same timezone and timezone settings as you, and everything is importing properly.

Just a few things to check.

• When you preview the events, you set all of the column headers to the proper data type. Things such as venue address etc that are not part of the event information should be marked “do not import”
    • The settings for imported events. In Events > Settings > Imports > Event Update Authority, “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source” is checked.

Also, before trying to import the events again, delete existing copies of these events, and delete permanently from the trash before re-importing. And make sure all Events Calendar plugins are the latest versions.

Please double check these settings and let me know if you are able to get a different result upon importing.

Thanks,
    Sky

Curtis Costner
    Participant

Hi Sky,
    I deleted the events in question and reimported with the same results. The end datge is still a day before the start date. I verified that the settings to overwrite was selected and the each column was properly assigned. We have been using the tool for several months and had this issue once before but a plugin update fixed the problem. I verified that the plugin in up-to-date as well. We are needing a better solution, we manage this site for a client and cannot manage each event manually.

If we need to create a user for you on our site so you can check our specific instance, we can do that or set up a screen share, but we need this issue resolved and working for our client.

Sky
    Keymaster

Curtis,

Since I am unable to reproduce the issue using the same CSV file and import settings, it is likely that there is a theme or plugin conflict somewhere. Can you please switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all non Events Calendar plugins and see if you are able to get a different result? See our testing for conflicts guide for detailed instructions.

If that does not make a difference, could you then generate an error log while still in this configuration? To do this, you will need to enable wp_debug and wp_debug_log as is described here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress Once enabled, go through the import process again. Once complete, there should be a file named “debug.log” in your wp-content folder. Please share the contents of that file here.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘List view is starting on tomorrow’s date rather than today’ is closed to new replies.