List View is showing wrong month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO List View is showing wrong month

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jpgiago
    Participant

Hello!

We have an issue with our List View showing the wrong month (in this case, it always shows July) … ie https://www.inkansascity.com/events/list/

We want it to show the current month instead of old events. Do we have to manually delete the old entries, or is there a setting somewhere that can display the current month correctly?

Thanks!
    John Paul

jpgiago
    Participant

Hello!

Any updates on this? I was testing on our Staging environment and tried deactivating all plugins except the Events Calendar plugins, and switched to the default WordPress 2017 theme… still the same action. I’m completely stumped as how to fix this. We want the listing to look like your example (https://wpshindig.com/events/list/) that it shows the current month and correct upcoming events.

Thank you.
    John Paul

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the list view on your site. I will try to help you get this sorted.

It seems to only be having problems on your list view. The expected behavior would be to show the most current events as the initial list view page.

I do not see this behavior in my test install, nor have I heard any other reports of this. Can you work through the troubleshooting steps outlined in our testing for conflicts guide to see if you can track down the source of the issue?

Basically, temporarily switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme, disable ALL other plugins, clear any caches, and see if the problem still exists. If not, then enable everything one at a time until the problem returns. If you do not have a staging server to do this testing on, you can install the Healthcheck plugin, which will allow you to do this and have it only affect the site for your logged in user.

Give that a shot, and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Sky

jpgiago
    Participant

Hi Sky,

As I have mentioned in my previous message, I have tried the outlines for ‘conflicts’ by disabling all plugins except for Event Calendar (in our case, the standard and PRO with Filter) and changed to default 2017 theme in our Staging environment. Same results as in Production.

Would it be possible if I gave you access to our Staging environment, you can check out to see?

Thanks,
    JP

Sky
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

jpgiago
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I took a look, and I think I see what’s happening. The events are ongoing events that began in August. The events are presented in order of their start dates. Since the events started in August, it shows that month at the top of the list display.

This is the expected behavior, and not a bug.

To get the events to display the way you want, you could create them as recurring events that repeat each day while the exhibitions are open. Then the list view would start with the most recent events dates instead of displaying “August” at the top.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘List View is showing wrong month’ is closed to new replies.