Linking Back to Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Linking Back to Facebook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to link back to the facebook events that I imported and I found this page:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/link-to-fb-event/

It seems like a super easy fix, unfortunately I am not sure where to find my theme’s php files or whatever. Can you help me? I run the Avada Theme by Themefusion. Thanks, Stephen.

Geoff

Hey Stephen and welcome to the forums!

Adding code to a theme’s functions file can be pretty tricky, so I went ahead and packaged that snippet up as a mini-plugin for you to install on your site.

You can download the ZIP file here, then head to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress admin then upload and activate it directly from that screen. When you do, the link to the Facebook event will appear in the event’s content (screenshot).

Will this work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Stephen
    Participant

As nice as that link is, I would really like for the title of the event that comes up in the lightbox when you hover over an event to be hyperlinked to the event page for easy linking. Is that possible?

Thank you,
    Stephen

Geoff

Hey Stephen!

I do think that is possible. However, I do want to note that we are fairly limited in how much we can support custom development questions like this. At the very least, I’d be happy to at least point you in the right direction, if I can.

Are you talking about the tooltip popup effect in Month View? If so, there is a template for that and you can customize it by using a template override. We have more information on template overrides in our Themer’s Guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

The template you are looking for is called tooltip.php and it located here:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/tooltip.php

Will this help you get started? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Linking Back to Facebook’ is closed to new replies.