Link to Tickets

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Link to Tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bradystarr
    Participant

Hello,
    So far this plugin is exactly what we need, it installed and imported our events perfectly. It included most of the important information but does not include the link for “Find Tickets” – making it useless for my site. Is there any way to include the outbound link from Facebook Events?

Thank you so much!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Brady,

I would love to help you with this.

Are you using Facebook to register who is coming to your site? Is this what you are looking for: Linking an imported event back to Facebook ?

Cheers!

– Brook

bradystarr
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    Thanks so much for the response – and the solution you provided is great, but not what I’m looking for.

Facebook events include; a picture, description, address, venue, organizer, and link to tickets.

When I use this plugin, my WordPress site successfully imports the picture, description, address, venue and organizer – but does not include an outbound link (example: ticketmaster.com/event123)

Is there any way to have this information imported as well? It would be very helpful for visitors to find tickets or RSVP to events. I appreciate any help!!

Nico

Hi @bradystarr,

Just wanted to inform you that Brook is going to be mostly out today, so I’m taking over to reply.

What you ask is not a feature of the plugin right now. We do have a feature request for this in UserVoice (Import “Get Tickets” link from Facebook event posts) you are welcome to chime in and add your vote and/or comment. You can input the ticket URL in the ‘Website’ field of the event. Of course this has to be done manually and it’s a bummer but might work for now.

Best,
    Nico

Michael
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. Not all of the information is being imported. I assumed, I guess incorrectly, that the ticket link would also be imported with everything else and just get inputted into the event link in the events settings. If this plug-in doesn’t import everything that the facebook event has, then I’m almost better off using a plugin that allows users to submit their own events and save myself some time.

Also, it would be most helpful if, on the import, screen it served as a sort of quick edit before importing. The ability to add categories, tags, price, links, etc to each entry and then complete the import would be amazing and so worth having in my opinion. Right now… not proving to be as useful as I’d hoped.

If I’m wrong about any of that and it’s actually in there, please help me out! Thanks 🙂

Brook
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue. Not all of the information is being imported. I assumed, I guess incorrectly, that the ticket link would also be imported with everything else and just get inputted into the event link in the events settings. If this plug-in doesn’t import everything that the facebook event has, then I’m almost better off using a plugin that allows users to submit their own events and save myself some time.

That sounds like exactly the same problem. If the importer is not quite cutting it for you let us know. We can certainly get you a refund or an exchange.

Also, it would be most helpful if, on the import, screen it served as a sort of quick edit before importing. The ability to add categories, tags, price, links, etc to each entry and then complete the import would be amazing and so worth having in my opinion. Right now… not proving to be as useful as I’d hoped.

That is an awesome idea Michael! We have some major improvements planned to all of our importer plugins, and I am going to pass this idea along to product strategist to see what he thinks. It would likely be very complicated to implement this, but it would be great to get the idea on his radar as soon as possible to see if it is something he’d like to start planning.

Please also vote on this idea: Import “Get Tickets” link from Facebook event posts

We monitor the ideas every week, and ones that are consistently getting new votes bump up on our priority list.

Please let me know if you guys have any more questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to Tickets’ is closed to new replies.