Link to and Embed list of all Events within Event Category on Page?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Link to and Embed list of all Events within Event Category on Page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Robert

I am considering purchasing the Events Calendar Pro Plugin, but have two questions I’d like answered first to make sure the plugin will perform as needed.

Let’s say I have a website that features local Music Concerts and I create Event Categories for Rock, Classical and Hip-Hop performances, can I…

1. Get a link to a page that will only display Upcoming Rock Events?
    2. By using shortcodes (or other means) is it possible to display all events of a certain categorgy on a given page.
      For example, can I insert a listing of all Rock concerts onto a particular page? If so, how can this be accomplished?

Thank you in advance for you answers. If I can confirm these features are available I will be purcashing this plugin.

Courtney

Hi Robert

1. Yes – if you take a look at our demo site on a single event you can see the link for its categories: https://wpshindig.com/event/womens-javascript-study-group/2018-01-17/ Clicking on the category will take you to whatever you’ve set as your default view to display just events in that category: https://wpshindig.com/events/category/learning/.
    2. We do offer Calendar View Shortcodes and Widget Shortcodes. You can view these articles that I’ve linked to for category filter (whether as a widget or a full-size shortcode).

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Robert

Thank you this is quite helpful.

I am glad to hear I can link to all events within a category, that’s a huge relief!

Do you have an example I can see of a list events a particular category that are embeded on a page (via widget or shortcode) that I can view? The article you sent is great, I just need to make sure it will display as needed before purchasing.

Thank you so much.

Courtney

Hi Robert

We don’t have one live on the demo site. I did embed a calendar view shortcode [tribe_events view=”list” category=”many-many-events”] on my site.

You can see it displays like the list view, as that is my site default, in a normal “Post”. It looks exactly like the normal list view from the main /events page, but just displays the events within this category.

Does that help?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Robert

Thank you this is helpful.

I am building a site for a client and hoping this plugin will deliver all the features they want and allow them to be implemented the way the client has asked for.

Based on your answers I believe this plugin will perform to specs; however, in the case that the client is not happy with its features what options are available to refund the purchase?

I’m sure you’ll agree $89 is quite expensive for a plugin and I’d hate to purchase it only to find out the client is unhappy with it. Unfortunately, since the functionality (shortcode) I need to build the site to the client’s specifictations is only found within the PRO version I have no way of showing him the final product without spending $89 – and hoping it performs to the specs he has in mind. In other words, I could pay for PRO only to find out it isn’t what the client wants. I’m doing as much research as I can to prevent this from happening, but it is still a possibility and I’m curious if your refund policy allows for a refund in these types of cases.

Also, the website says the PRO version is good for one year. Does that mean I will be charged $89 each year I have this installed on a website?

Thank you for your helpfulness so far, I look forward to your response.

Courtney

Hi Robert

Yes, we do offer 30 day refunds if you find the plugin does not meet your needs. It’s just a matter of submitting a refund request form at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/.

This covers the cost of premium support forum responses as well as plugin updates. At the end of that year, you will be billed automatically for a renewal (though you can disable that if you chose to). If you opt to not renew, you can keep using the plugins without further updates or access to support.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Link to and Embed list of all Events within Event Category on Page?’ is closed to new replies.