License Number being rejected even though its active

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO License Number being rejected even though its active

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    I realize this ticket has gone back and forth several times, but this continues to be frustrating as you are asking me to provide you screenshots of things you stated and for details and examples I have already provided in this same ticket, but in an effort to hopefully get this closed out I have provided it all again and in much more detail (including marked up screenshots) in this response.

1. Calendar Short Code Display –
    – Screen shot (Calendar_Pro_ss1.png attachment) of you providing me the short code with limit=”0″ in this support ticket on 6/13. And understood the offset is not supported.

2. Yes I am confirming the limit=”3″ works. See screenshot Calendar_Pro_SS2 & Calednar_Pro_SS3 as proof.

3. Link where it is happening, home page of http://www.omcar.com. Below the slideshow, you will see in Column A the calendar image that has 3 events listed underneath it and in a separate column B to the right of it the same 3 calendar items. As stated, prior to the plugin update the other day it was working properly (with the shortcode you told me wouldn’t work on 6/13) by having zero events under the calendar image in column A and 3 events to the right in Column B. I have provided marked up screen shots of the code in WP side by side with the output on the live site omcar.com. Calendar_Pro_SS2 shows Column A with limit=”1″ and Column B limit=3″ (but 3 events in both columns) and then Calendar_Pro_SS3 that shows Column B with limit=”0″ and Column B limit=”5″ (that shows 3 events in Column A and 5 in Column B) to prove that the limit is working for the event list shortcode, but not for the calendar shortcode.

4 & 5. Screenshots provided of the licenses in Tribe, one with the error message not updating the license for RALSC.org and one for OMCAR.com showing that the WP Settings are omcar.com not omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com as it is showing in the Tribe account. So I would need to know how this can be manually updated as the instructions you provided to auto update of deleting the plugin from WP, disconnecting it from Tribe and adding the plugin back into WP and re-adding the license number is not working as it is producing the incorrect urls.

Craig Grant
    Participant

uploading more screenshots for prior response

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    Just thought of another way to prove that the issue with the event list showing up under the calendar image was working with limit=”0″ before the plugin update was done. Here’s a screenshot from InternetArchive.org of the home page from 6-1-16 https://web.archive.org/web/20160315113935/http://www.omcar.com/ and you will see the calendar has no events under it.

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information. Here we go:

#1 The Two-Column Display of Event Widgets

You describe your goal as such:

What I am wanting to achieve is in 2 columns. Column 1 just the mini_calendar image display with no calendar items listed below it =”0″.

☝️ To achieve this, you must add custom CSS on your site like the following:

body.home .tribe-mini-calendar-wrapper:first-of-type div.tribe-mini-calendar-list-wrapper {
    display: none !important;
    }

This how that makes things look on your site:

#2. The Licensing Issues

In your reply above, you posted this screenshot:

You elaborated on things a bit.

To be clear: what happens if you go the screen that is in the above screenshots, and click “Disconnect Now” next to one of these licenses? Please use the “Disconnect Now” link and then share a screenshot of that same page after doing so.

We can proceed with more troubleshooting from there.

Thank you,
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    The css fixed the issue on the home page so thank you for that. My only question is why was this necessary now and not in the past, because as I showed you it was working without that code prior to the recent plugin update.

As for the license issue, attached are screenshots of me removing the site omcar.com from the license list (Disconnect Now button) in my Tribe account and then after it is added back in from the license tab of the plugin in WP. And you will see it is auto adding it as omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com instead of omcar.com. So is there a way for you to change this on your end or something I can do to ensure it won’t continue to have issues updating properly.

Thanks.

Craig Grant
    Participant

attachments mentioned in prior post

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information, @Craig!

#1 The Mini Calendar Widgets

I am glad the CSS I shared was helpful. As for why the limit=”0″ worked previously, but doesn’t any longer, I have to admit the unsatisfying answer of, “I am not sure” at this time. I will investigate this and see if there is a bug or a conscientious change on our end regarding this; but in the meantime will respond to the license issues to try and keep things moving quickly. See below.

#2 The License Issues

Thank you for these screenshots and for clarifying the nature of things.

1. Does omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com still exist? It seems to, when I go to that domain name.

2. Does omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com have the same IP address as omcar.com? It seems that they do, 97.74.234.241

3. If you log into the wp-admin of omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com, and navigate to the “Licenses” settings tab, is there a license key entered in the settings there?

4. If the answer to #3 is “Yes”, then what happens if you try removing the license key from the settings in omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin? After doing this, use the Disconnect Now link back on http://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys, and then try adding the key on omcar.com again.

Thank you!
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    This is weird, this is the 2nd time that I have updated the ticket and my update is not in the thread. So let me respond to it again.
    1. Yes omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com does exist but it was a staging url while the site was being built and the site has been live and using the primary domain for several months at omcar.com. So if you go to omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com (or /wp-admin) it just redirects to the omcar.com which is what is configured in the settings in WP.
    2. Yes they have the same ip because as stated in #1 it is an alias and redirects to omcar.com
    3. Yes there is a licence, but when it tries to update it states it can’t as I have provided proof of a couple of times.
    4. I have done that multiple times and it just adds it back into my Tribe account as omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com which is why I have asked you for help on this.

Now there is a new issue on a different site RETI.us. Recently it had about 250 or 13 pages of events (some of which are duplicated because they are weekly reoccurring events). I just checked it and it now has 47355 or 2368 pages of events. It looks like the same events are being duplicated 20+ times. Is there anything we can do to clean up and fix this?

I am starting to have serious concerns about the stability of your plugin as it has had multiple issues on all of the sites I have installed it on.

George
    Participant

Hey Craig,

As established earlier, these are your three currently-licensed sites:
    • omcar.com
    • rairc.com
    • ralsc.org

I cannot help with issues on reti.us at this time.

— George

George
    Participant

As for your issues with omcar.com and its staging site, let’s look at what you wrote here. You say this:

4. I have done that multiple times and it just adds it back into my Tribe account as omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com which is why I have asked you for help on this.

☝️ To be clear, do you mean that when you go into omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin and remove the license key from the wp-admin settings page in omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin, when you refresh the page in the wp-admin, the license key is added back? I.e., you cannot remove the license key from the omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin settings panel?

— George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    Again I don’t think you really read my responses as we keep rehashing the same things over and over. omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com is an alias that redirects to omcar.com. Same thing with omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin, it redirects to omcar.com/wp-admin. So there is no separate login for omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com/wp-admin (so all the domain settings are the same).

Once you login to omcar.com/wp-admin I have shown you multiple times that everything is configured to omcar.com and not omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com. So I have no idea where or how your plugin is pulling the omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com url from for the license and 20+ responses between you and I back and forth and you still haven’t answered that question. Where is it getting the info from and how do I on my end or you on your end fix it. Do I need to edit the htaccess file, is it in the functions.php file, etc.

And for you to say you are not going to answer my quesiton about the new issue on RETI.us because it doesn’t have a license is a joke. I have 3 paid licenses with you. I would be willing to buy more if I had any confidence in the plugin but all 4 sites I have it installed on have had multiple issues since I installed them. So if you don’t address how the events on that site all of a sudden when from 250 to 47000+ events I will look into another option and if I do I will request a full refund of the purchase of this plugin as it has not been a positive experience which will be reflected in my review of it.

George
    Participant

Hi Craig,

It was not clear to me that the aliasing of omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com to omcar.com was such that they are literally the same wp-admin.

This is the reason why licenses are not working as expected. They have the same IP address and such, and are effectively the same site, but have different top-level domain names. Our license system is simply not “smart” enough to parse that that omcar.com and omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com are really actually the same site, with different domain names.

I can report this to our developers for further investigation, and perhaps in time we can roll out improvements to better support aliases. But at this time, there is unfortunately nothing we can do to try and get our licensing system to handle aliases better.

In the meantime, I have added a new free Personal License for Events Calendar Pro to your account. You can try using this new license on JUST omcar.com/wp-admin, and see if anything improves.

However, since both sites are the same with just different top-level domain names, odd behavior is likely to persist. 🙁 It is worth a try though, and is the only step we can do at this time.

— George

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    As I have mentioned, as a paying customer your responses are getting pretty frustrating. We are now on the 29th back and forth on the same ticket because you seem to answer a thing at a time without really addressing the issues being reported and don’t take details previously provided to you in prior responses into account. For example I feel I explained pretty well multiple times on this ticket that omcar.com and omcar1.staging.yournewsites.com were redirects or aliases of each other and asked you several times how to fix it so that the proper domain omcar.com is what is shown in the licenses in my Tribe account. And only in your last response did you finally get this important detail.

Also frustrating is when you respond with semantics. When I say I have 3 licenses and you respond back you have 1 license (but you and I both know what I meant as 1 Agency license covers 3 sites) and then don’t address the issue it just wastes more time on both sides.

The issue I indicated on RETI.us while it is not one of the 3 sites in my Agency account, it is getting way worse, yesterday it was at 33,000 events, today it is at 58,000 and completely effecting the performance of that site as it has been crashing all day and GoDaddy support is running a Slow Query Report which will most likely indicate this plugin is the culprit. So while it is not one of the 3 sites in my account I am asking that you tell me how to fix that asap.

As I have stated, I would be open to using your plugin on more sites, but the reason I haven’t done it yet is because it has been extremely buggy from day 1 on all 4 sites I have installed it on (All of the issues in this current ticket were fine until I did the most recent upgrade of the Event Calendar Pro Plugin and here we are 29 responses and 3-weeks later on the same ticket.) Add to that the frustration with the support I have detailed here is why I stated I might just want a refund and find another solution.

It is not my goal to leave and find a different solution, I would prefer to make this plugin work, but all I ask is that you address the issues being reported and not have a ticket take 30 responses and cover 3-weeks going forward. Thank you.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘License Number being rejected even though its active’ is closed to new replies.