License message

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events License message

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Amal.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Amal
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting these two messages in the admin:
    —-
    You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar: Community Events but the key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.
    —-
    It looks like you’re using The Events Calendar: Filter Bar, but the license key you supplied does not appear to be valid or is missing. Please review and fix so that you can always have access to our latest versions!

You can find your license keys by logging in to your account on theeventscalendar.com and you can enter them over on the settings page.
    —-

How can I get rid of them? Why is this?

We are using the licenses on another site, but it is on the staging. A while ago we asked you if we could do this and you told us it was fine.

Thanks for your help.

Courtney

Hello Amal

Unfortunately, our staging with licenses only applies to domains with these in the domain name:

.dev
    .test
    .local
    .tribe
    .staging

Or on a local install.

Would you be able to build out the site on the staging server without the license activated?

Thanks,
    Courtney

Amal
    Participant

Dear Courtney,

Thanks for your answer. This comes out of the blue.
    We had our staging all set up since more than half a year and all was working great.
    We need to be able to test the plugin.

Our staging site URL is http://franceamerique.staging.wpengine.com/
    Is there a way to get it working with the license please. It does include de word “staging” …

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Courtney

Hi Amal

It might be easy from here now. I see a license still registered to franceamerique.wpengine.com. Can you walk through the steps on Moving Your License Key to remove it from the staging site, and then re-activate with with the .staging in the address?

Let me know if that works please.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Amal
    Participant

Dear Courtney,

I am not sure to understand why we have to do this.

We found that ticket: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/licenses-on-wpengine-staging-sites/
    That is exactly our issue.

Can you confirm that we “do not need a license for any functionality. Not having a license will not impede testing in any way.” for both the The Events Calendar: Community Events and The Events Calendar: Filter Bar.

Are these licenses only for update and support??? Will we be able to test our plugins if we remove the licenses from our WP Engine staging website?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Courtney

Hi Amal

That is correct. You can deactivate the license on your staging site, handle just those updates manually, and still be able to thoroughly test the plugins, and even include content. You will still be covered by support with the live site license being activated.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘License message’ is closed to new replies.