Licenses on WPEngine staging sites

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Licenses on WPEngine staging sites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kate
    Participant

I reviewed your article about license keys on dev and staging sites, and want to point out that you should adjust it to cover WPEngine staging sites, which follow a structure like http://sitename.staging.wpengine.com.

I am not able to deactivate my pro license on my prod site to play around with staging. This means that I can’t do any development related to the Events Calendar Pro on my staging site. I am not able to change the staging site URL to match your TLD guidelines because my host, WPEngine, has this structured differently. I imagine you have many customers using WPEngine, please consider covering their staging sites.

George
    Participant

Hey Kate,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your feedback here. Adding coverage for that URL structure is an excellent idea, though hasn’t been as straightforward to implement thus far as it might seem.

I can confirm two things, however:

1. This is something we’re actively working on! 😀 We’re working on adding support for the staging sties of many popular hosts, including WP Engine, Flywheel, GoDaddy.

2. You do not need a license for any functionality. Not having a license will not impede testing in any way. A license only signs up a domain name for support and updates, it does not affect how the plugin actually works (except for Event Aggregator—this is the only licensed product of ours where the license is required for functionality).

So hopefully you can manually update your plugins on the staging site for the time being, and test on it successfully — the absence of the license key here will not affect the actual functionality in any way.

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with!

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Licenses on WPEngine staging sites’ is closed to new replies.