License Key Keeps Disappearing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events License Key Keeps Disappearing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

I enter my license key, I click “save” and I get the message “Valid Key! Expires on 2016-08-25”. Click “refresh” and the license key is gone. I’m then notified that I can’t update unless I enter a valid license key. This is really frustrating! Is there a reason this isn’t working? I saw another user had this issue but there was no solution. I’m using the key under the domain it was purchased for – but within a subfolder. I am developing a site for someone and eventually this will go live on their domain.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

Can you please confirm you are following all these steps:

Visit License Tab
    Enter License Key
    You get a Green License Valid Message
    You are then clicking “Save Changes”
    Then you get a “License key(s) updated.” near the top of the page.

Also you can can always download the latest version from your account here on theeventscalendar.com and follow this guide for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Let me know if it is not working after following those steps and we can do some troubleshooting steps next.

Thanks

Lisa League
    Participant

I’m getting the same problem. This has happened several times now. I have to revisit your site to get a new key for every update.

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

I’ve followed the steps to a tee and it’s still not working properly. I’m going to be honest – I purchased the pro version for the ability to schedule recurring events, and while I thought it was a bit expensive, I had no problem paying because the free version is put together so well. With the amount of issues this is causing me (The plugin sometimes fails to load on the front-end if not properly licensed), I regret purchasing the Pro version. It would be less trouble to reschedule the recurring events.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

The plugin works without the license key. It does not require the license key to work and if it is not loading there is another issue causing it.

The license key is only for automatic updates.

In 4.0 our next release we have the license key automatically save to prevent some of these issues. So far though we have yet to find a bug that actually prevents the saving of the license key when the steps are followed above. It still could be a bug, but we have not found one yet.

If you follow the steps above and it does not save after you get both the green success message and then click the Save Changes button. I encourage you to follow the Testing For Conflicts guide and then follow those steps and see if it will save then:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for posting here. I can certainly help you here, but we can help you better if you create your own topic in the forum, where we can interact with you one on one. Also, we encourage you to post on your own topic because every time we post it will email the author of the topic.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘License Key Keeps Disappearing’ is closed to new replies.