Licence after Update broken

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Licence after Update broken

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

after the automatic update to version 4.0 – there ist the following massage!

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.12.6. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Learn More.

we updated the licence code – no result…?!

please help us.
    thank you
    Andreas

FWIW, the exact same thing has happened to me too. From the front-end of my site, all seems well. But the nagging on the back end causes concern.

Merry
    http://www.rtoinsider.com

brunswickareatv
    Participant

I have the same issue, except for the version number Andreas mentioned. My message reads:

The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.12.5. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version.

My license key is entered. In fact, today is the first time I’ve actually seen the license key “stick”. Prior to that, I’d get this message:

There is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key has not been entered. Please go to the Events Calendar Options page to enter your license key.

I’d always get this message, even though all of the PRO functions worked. Now, like the posters above, I can’t update, even with the license key.

David Martyn
    Participant

Same problem here. So, should I (we) downgrade Events Calendar until these update problems are solved?

brunswickareatv
    Participant

UPDATE:

My theme had updated recently, but I hadn’t installed the update yet. After updating my theme, the problem went away.

(Looks sheepish.)

Happy for you Jeffrey, but my theme doesn’t need an update. And the message implies that I’m using an unlicensed copy of 3.12.6 pro when I’ve updated to 4.0.

Could something else be wrong?

Fixed it.

My problem was that the update for the core plug-in became available before the “pro” version. So only one of my two “Events Calendar” plug-ins updated to Version 4.0, causing the message. At the same time, my license code would not “stick” so I couldn’t update to the pro version anyway. I just tried entering my license again, then saved it and this time it worked. So when I clicked on “updates” I finally got the Pro version, which I’ve now installed. And the message finally went away!

Geoff

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention!

The older plugins will work with The Events Calendar 4.0 as long as they are updated to at least 3.12. If you’re running something earlier than that, you will want to update everything to at least to ensure compatibility.

The notice will continue to display if you are running 3.12 of the add-ons but rest assured that the front end will still function. We will want you to eventually update everything to 4.0 because the compatibility with older plugins will eventually go away, which is why we keep the notice running.

If you haven’t been able to install the auto-update for the plugins, then you can snag the 4.0 releases for all the plugins here on the site by logging in and heading to My Account > Downloads. From there, you will be able to manually install the updates.

Please feel free to continue following along with this thread–I’m going to make sure I address @Andreas directly since the thread started there, but you are also welcome to open a new thread of your own if you would like direct support–just want to keep the conversation as clear as possible. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Licence after Update broken’ is closed to new replies.