Latest version throwing 500 error on import of eventbrite event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Latest version throwing 500 error on import of eventbrite event

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    justin
    Participant
    Hunter

Hey Justin!

Sorry to hear you’ve run into troubles. Before we proceed, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Thank you and have a great evening. Cheers!

justin
    Participant

I enabled debug. I get this error when attempting to import

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/5linxevents/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Linked_Posts.php on line 50

And when I go to this page http://events.5linx.com/regional-events/, down by the countdown I get this error.

Notice: tribe_get_events was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.8! Setting eventDisplay to ‘upcoming’ is deprecated. Please use ‘list’ instead. in /home/5linxevents/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3975

I have deactivated the WPML plugins for now and the import feature now works. http://events.5linx.com/event/north-carolina/

If you could please have WPML or your team look in to fixing the compatibility issue I would appreciate it, but for now we can at least get our events posted.

justin
    Participant

I have replaced the shortcode that was giving this error

Notice: tribe_get_events was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 3.8! Setting eventDisplay to ‘upcoming’ is deprecated. Please use ‘list’ instead. in /home/5linxevents/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3975

on http://events.5linx.com/regional-events/

With [tribe_events view=”list”] and the error is gone but the new shortcode doesnt seem to work. What am I doing wrong?

Hunter

Hello,

I would first check to make sure the shortcode is using the proper double quotation marks. More info can be found here.

To clarify, you’re still unable to import events when WPML plugins are active, correct? Let me know if you are able to get the shortcode working properly and we’ll continue troubleshooting. Thanks and have a great upcoming weekend!

justin
    Participant

Yes the quotes are right. I am trying both the regular and pro shortcode. [tribe_events view=”list”] [tribe_events_list]

No I am unable to import events while WPML is active. I deactivated it so i could get our events posted but I think your team or WPML’s team should work on the issue so there are no compatibility problems.

justin
    Participant

Any update on this? I need those shortcodes working to display the event list.

Hunter

Hello,

My apologies for missing this detail, but a license for Events Calendar PRO is required to use the shortcodes you’re attempting to use. As for the WPML issue, can you send over step-by-step instructions on how to replicate your issue so I can see if it resembles anything in our logged bug reports? I’ll also need you to confirm the issue still occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide. This is a required step to continue receiving support.

Thank you and have a great afternoon. Cheers!

justin
    Participant

Yes I understand that but I am using the regular shortcode as well http://events.5linx.com/regional-events/. This would eliminate a lot of going back and forth if you could just tell me what shortcode displays a list of events.

The steps with wpml are just that while the wpml plugin is activated and you try to import an event you get the error I posted in my previous responses. I have pasted it again below.

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/5linxevents/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Linked_Posts.php on line 50

Brook
    Participant

For sure we can share that with you Justin. Here is a nice full guide on how they work:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

In brief you will just need to insert [tribe_events]  into your page and the list will show, but like Hunter said these shortcodes require Events Calendar Pro  to function properly.

The error you are seeing:

Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/5linxevents/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Linked_Posts.php on line 50

Is one that we saw in the past. The latest version of our plugins and WPML should have fixed this, it is odd that for you they have not. We actually have worked directly with WPML, and even submitted code to their plugin to help with compatibility.

I notice you did not mention whether or not you have done a full conflict test earlier. At this point if I were you I would definitely give that a go. The error could easily be because a conflicting plugin, or especially a theme, is using some legacy code as it was designed for an older version of The Events Calendar. Thus it making an old error that should already be fixed crop up again. Would you mind testing this out as outlined in the guide I linked to?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest version throwing 500 error on import of eventbrite event’ is closed to new replies.