Last import failed. (icloud recurring iCal import)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Last import failed. (icloud recurring iCal import)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ferol Henkels
    Participant

Yesterday (September 21 around Noon) we setup two Saved Recurring Imports. Both are for iCloud calendars, and we set recurrence to Hourly. They worked perfectly at first, but stopped working towards the end of the day (the Last Update for both is September 21, 2016 06:28).

All I can see in terms of feedback is the message “Last import failed.” when I hover over each of the saved recurring imports.

Do you happen to know why they might be failing? Is there a place where I can get more information on why the imports are failing?

Thank you

Hunter

Ferol,

Thank you for reaching out and I’d be happy to help investigate the issues you’re currently experiencing. I see you’re running outdated versions of both the iCal Importer plugin and PRO. Are you able to update to the most recent versions and run through our Testing for conflicts guide to see if the issue still occurs? Reply back with your findings and we’ll take the next step.

Thanks again and take care,
    Cheers!

Ferol Henkels
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    I have completed the Testing for conflicts guide. That did not resolve the issue. You say that we don’t have the most recent version of iCal and PRO installed. WP is not indicating that we have an update available. I’ll download them from my account page and see if that resolves the issue.

Thank you

Hunter

Thanks for the update and please let me know how the update goes and if things start working properly again. Have a great weekend!

Ferol Henkels
    Participant

After updating to the most recent versions (had to do it manually since WP did not recognize that updates were available) I am unable to create the New iCal Import.

When I attempt to import webcal://p02-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/3ttm8wNAfGVkjMtdp676bLSAH6hG772GlDvskbhQh-qhfX8rBaneTOhDh_6U_2ER

I receive the error message “Unable to retrieve content from the provided URL.”

Is it possible that iCloud is blocking the request?

Hunter

Hello and welcome back,

The issue you are currently experiencing is actually a known and logged WordPress core bug. More info can be found here. For the time being, the best way to import the events into your site is to download the iCal file and manually upload it under Events > Import > iCal, then select the ‘Source‘ dropdown and select ‘.ics File‘. (see screenshot below)

Sorry we don’t have a better workaround in the mean time and please stay tuned to our Release Notes for more info. Thank you for your patience while we identified the source of conflict and please let me know if you have any more questions or comments. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Last import failed. (icloud recurring iCal import)’ is closed to new replies.