Large Sites and Migration Help

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Large Sites and Migration Help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul Buijs

Hi guys,

I am considering using your plugin for a redesign of my website in a month or so. Do you have any sites that have over upcoming 1000 events? I would like to see how fast the site loads. Specifically I’d like to see how the map loads with that many events and how that same map + events loads on mobile.

Can I add filters (i.e. countries and states)? And choose to hide certain filters?

Also, would your team be potentially available for hire in the migration of my site’s events from it’s existing calendar plugin? I could use the WP export function to provide you the list but if at all possible, I’d like to keep permalinks the same.

Thanks for your help!

Paul Buijs

Also:

Can you point me to the demo for organizer view?

For list view, is there a way to make the line height smaller so that more events can be shown on the same screen? perhaps a logo/image next to name of event and then beneath that the logo and name of event for the next one?

Geoff

Hi there, Paul! Thanks for getting in touch and for checking out PRO–I hope it’s a good fit for your project. 🙂

These are great questions. Let’s try to tackle them one at a time.

Do you have any sites that have over upcoming 1000 events?

I can’t think of any off the top of my head, we do have a nice showcase of sites running the plugin and I do know we have tested the plugin in instances with that many events and haven’t hit any issues. In regards to the map, the default Map View displays 10 events at a time, so loading would definitely not be an issue right out of the box.

I do want to point out that we do offer a full refund on all purchases within 30-days. Sometimes the best way to see if something works with your specific setup is to install it and take it for a spin.

Can I add filters (i.e. countries and states)? And choose to hide certain filters?

Yes, adding filters is certainly possible and, in fact, we have a nice write-up on how to add custom filters to the events bar above the calendar.

For something more out of the box, you might be interested in our Filter Bar add-on. This gives you a lot more flexibility to add and remove default filters right out of the box. For example, you could use Categories and Tags for the countries and states and configure them in Filter Bar.

Also, would your team be potentially available for hire in the migration of my site’s events from it’s existing calendar plugin?

We certainly do provide custom enterprise-level help, if needed. Here’s more information on how to get started. 🙂

Can you point me to the demo for organizer view?

Absolutely! Here’s a simple example.

For list view, is there a way to make the line height smaller so that more events can be shown on the same screen?

Yes. Actually, the calendar is extremely customizable as far as styles and layout go. I’d suggest heading over to our Themer’s Guide which provides a comprehensive overview of how to customize the calendar’s appearance, including styles and overriding templates.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know and thanks again for reaching out.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Paul, thanks for following up and confirming the answer–I’m glad this helps!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to start a new one if you have any other questions about the plugin and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Large Sites and Migration Help’ is closed to new replies.