Keyword search is not getting categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Keyword search is not getting categories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

My events that have multiple categories aren’t coming up when I search for one fo the categories in the events calendar keyword search box.

http://www.parktrust.org

What is the best way to ensure readers will find 9 of the events that are “festivals”, or the events that are under “hiking”.

Should I use a drop down menu? If so, is that something I can do without a developer, if a I need to hire a developer, are there Event’s Calendar experts I can work with?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

One thing you can try to do is to customize the Tribe Events Bar.  The following tutorial can provide you with some more information on that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/understanding-the-tribe-events-bar/

Alternatively, you can purchase your Filter Bar plugin, which has a built-in category filter.

Lastly, if you are interested, we maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

If I purchase the filter bar, can I restrict it to just a few options… so that users don’t need to see the entire filter bar?

The reason I want to make these customizations is to keep it simple for the reader. We just want a drop down of 5 categories so that the user can choose the category they’d like to filter… but don’t need all the options available in Filter bar.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yes, with Filter Bar, you do not have to include all of the available filter options.  You can choose which filters your users can view and select from.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

Can I give it a try and if it doesn’t work for this project refund my purchase?

Hi Ryan,

Yes you can!  We have a great refund policy with a full refund within 30 days of purchase if our plugins don’t meet your needs.

Let me know if you have any other questions before buying!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Keyword search is not getting categories’ is closed to new replies.