Key validation server not available

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Key validation server not available

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ian Hecht
    Participant

Hello!
    I have a valid, unassigned Event Aggregator key, but when I copy it into the Licenses tab in Events -> Settings, I get the following error message:

Sorry, key validation server is not available.

I’m behind a fairly robust firewall, so I’m wondering if there’s a server URL that’s being blocked. Can you tell me the URL of the key validation server so I can put it on our firewall whitelist? I tried with the main theeventscalendar.com URL, and that did not fix the problem.

Thanks!

Ian H.

Hi Ian,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with Event Aggregator!

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help resolve this with you.

First off, it could just be a temporary issue and if you can wait and try in a couple hours or even tomorrow it might work then.

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ian Hecht
    Participant

Thanks Jaime!
    This issue has been ongoing for a number of days at this point. Each time I check back on the licenses tab, I see the same message.

Ian H.

Hi Ian,

Usually when getting the “Sorry, key validation server is not available.” is the plugin is blocked from connecting to our server, which often happens on development environments.

The license key is not needed for the plugin to work it is only needed for automatic updates.

You could wait to try and activate the license once the site is live.

Otherwise we have this article about development sites and using the license:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-for-your-live-and-dev-sites/

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Jaime

Ian Hecht
    Participant

Hi Jaime!
    Our development server is behind the same firewall as our live servers, so if it’s blocked now, it will likely be blocked in the live environment as well. While the updates would become an issue, the larger problem is that without the license validation, it appears my only option for import is a CSV file (all the other import origins are greyed out), and I need to connect with a Google Calendar.

Please advise,

Ian H.

Hi Ian,

As a next troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?  I see some of your information, but some of it appears to be missing.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, can you go to Events < Help and take a screenshot of what you see under your Event Aggregator Status?

Thanks,

Jaime

Ian Hecht
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Ian Hecht
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Ian Hecht
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Ian Hecht. Reason: Formatting

Hi Ian,

Okay, thanks for this information.  Can you try whitelisting these URLs?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Ian Hecht
    Participant

Okay, we whitelisted the URLs, and that appears to have done the trick. The numeric IPs are still failing, but I checked them with http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/, and they return as unavailable generally.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue!

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Key validation server not available’ is closed to new replies.