Keeping Event Tags Separate from Post Tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Keeping Event Tags Separate from Post Tags

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kary
    Participant

I see this issue has been raised at least twice – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/update-on-tag-queries/

However both threads are closed and I wanted to add my voice to this problem as it poses a serious issue. It seems to me that if in the admin area / settings I choose to NOT CHECK the option to include my events listing in my blog posts, then they should remain separate – both tags and categories. If I want to include them then I’ll check to include them. But I do not want them mingled together. I have a client who uses tags in their blog posts. I do not want the events tags to be included with blog post tags but after researching this for the past few hours (**sigh**) I see its not possible.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Kary.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Andras.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kary,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, unfortunately this is not yet possible. I will also add your thread to the ticket to show there is need for this, so hopefully it will be implemented in the near future.

Meanwhile you could try the following workaround: if you want to exclude ALL events from ALL tag archives, then add this CSS snippet to your theme’s style.css:

.archive.tag article.tribe_events {
    display: none;
    }

Note: you might need to adjust it a bit (remove or change ‘article’) based on how your theme handles the separate articles.

Le me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Kary
    Participant

I may discover why overall, this won’t work. But for now I want to exclude the events tags from appearing in the Tag Cloud. So I used this code in my functions file. It is not ideal because I’ll have to remember to manually add tag IDs to this code whenever a new one is created. But for now, its working.

// Hide Events Tag in Blog Tag Cloud
    function exclude_tag_cloud_widget($args) {
    $args['exclude'] = array(31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40);
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'widget_tag_cloud_args', 'exclude_tag_cloud_widget' );

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Kary.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kary,

That seems to be the way to go. Tags for events are not handled separately from post tags, so there is no easier way at the moment to do that.

If the above css doesn’t want to work for you then you can try leaving out the “article” part:
    .archive.tag .tribe_events {
    display: none;
    }

Let me know if I can help you with anything else in this matter.

If you have another question regarding a different issue, then please open a separate thread for that, to keep things clean. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff

Hey Kary,

We wanted to follow-up to let you know that we were able to patch this up in The Events Calendar 4.2.2, which is now available to download and install if you haven’t done so already.

Please do be sure to check out our release notes for a full overview of what’s new in the release and feel free to let us know if you run into this or any other issues after the update.

Thanks so much for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Keeping Event Tags Separate from Post Tags’ is closed to new replies.