jQuery errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO jQuery errors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Adam Beaulne
    Participant

Hi,

I am having a few issues with jQuery conflicts with Events Calendar / Pro.

Please see screenshots. One is on an event page and the other is on every page.

I am running the latest versions. See attached screenshots.

Also, I always get the warning about Event Aggrator. I don’t know what that is and I am not using it. It keeps saying the license key is invalid.

Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Adam!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with those issues.

It seems like you are getting a 500 server error. So, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try navigating a few times into the page where you are having the issue, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can spot the problem from there.

Also, when coming back, please make sure you share with us your latest system info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,
    Victor

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

Hi,

When turning on the debug there was only one error and it was a silly one that I fixed. It also wasn’t triggered by events cal plugin (it was completely unrelated).

Anyway, I still get the two same errors.

The first being Uncaught TypeError: $(…).bumpdown is not a function and the second Uncaught TypeError: $item.timepicker is not a function

jQuery works for me every where else except in your plugin.

Could it be because I renamed and moved my plugins folder? I was reading an other thread of someone having similar issues because of that.

Could be related to folder permissions? Does the plugin need write access to any specific folders?

I tried disabling every plugin, other than eventscal and eventscalpro and using the twentyseventeen theme with no luck.

The public side works fine.

Also, I get this warning every page I go to in my WordPress about Event Aggregator. I have never used this. I don’t even know what it is so I sure don’t have a license key for it. (See attached screenshot).

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

Okay,

I have just renamed my plugins and my wp-content folder back to the default setup and it worked.

This means that the plugin breaks when you rename the wp-content and the plugins folder. I also move my plugins folder outside of my renamed wp-content folder.

It goes something like this.

/root/wp-includes
    /root/wp-admin
    /root/content (wp-content)
    /root/addons (plugins)

Can you fix this please? This shouldn’t be giving errors.

Thank you

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Adam Beaulne.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Adam!

Thanks for following up with this and giving us the details about it.

I just wanted to let you know that I will reach out to the team to have a second opinion about this. we will make some tests on our own for this custom directory configuration to see if we can reproduce the issues and I will get back to you right after that.

I’d appreciate your patience with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

How is the fix for the WordPress folder names jQuery bug coming along?

It is something that is very important for us. Every day that it isn’t fixed means that our WordPress setup is not as secure as it can and should be.

Thank you

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Adam!

Thanks for following up with this.

I have checked the report on this issue and it hasn’t been scheduled for a release yet.

I will raise a flag into the report to get a more accurate update and also see if we can get a workaround for this in the meantime.

I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Adam Beaulne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘jQuery errors’ is closed to new replies.