jquery error stopping me from editing tickets… or post, please help!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus jquery error stopping me from editing tickets… or post, please help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hi.

I’m using a few of your plugins, and have been developing a site on a test URL, which works fine.

I’ve now moved the site to the final host and URL and am getting an odd problem I’m not seeing on the test server.

I can create an event and tickets no problem, but when I go back in to edit them, the page stops loading at the Events Calendar input area, and doesn’t load the Tickets input area.

When I check in the error console in Safari I get the following result…

TypeError: jQuery(‘#ihc_drip_start_certain_date’).datepicker is not a function. (In ‘jQuery(‘#ihc_drip_start_certain_date’).datepicker’, ‘jQuery(‘#ihc_drip_start_certain_date’).datepicker’ is undefined)

I appreciate this may not be related to your plugin, but I’ve tried turning every plugin off and it still doesn’t load.

Any help would be appreciated.

George
    Participant

Sorry to hear about this Aaron!

I’m wondering – you mention that you’ve tried turning off every other plugin to no avail, but what if you deactivate your current theme?

Try activating a “default” WordPress theme, something like Twenty Sixteen; when this theme is active, do you get the same error?

If so, then in your reply can you include your “system information” with us? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you!
    George

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @Aaron

Thanks so much for this information.

I know you mention having already tried deactivating your theme and plugins and such, so I don’t want to recommend doing this again, but unfortunately I cannot recreate this bug at all on my site.

You mention the error being related to this JavaScript:

jQuery(‘#ihc_drip_start_certain_date’).datepicker

When this error popped up in your console, are you able to see which file it comes from?

Thank you,
    George

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Aaron
    Participant

to follow up… the error is coming from post.php, but I have no such file.

And here’s more on the error…

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    		jQuery('#ihc_drip_start_certain_date').datepicker({
    			dateFormat : 'dd-mm-yy',
    			onClose: function( selectedDate ){
    				jQuery( "#ihc_drip_end_certain_date" ).datepicker( "option", "minDate", selectedDate );
    		    }
    		});
    		jQuery('#ihc_drip_end_certain_date').datepicker({
    			dateFormat : 'dd-mm-yy',
    			onClose: function( selectedDate ) {
    				jQuery( "#ihc_drip_start_certain_date" ).datepicker( "option", "maxDate", selectedDate );
    		    }
    		});

Hope that helps, am really at a loss.

Aaron

George
    Participant

Hey @Aaron,

Thanks for this extra information – just to be 100% certain, what happens when you deactivate Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro?

1. When you go edit an event again, are the issues still there?

2. If there are more errors in the Safari console, what are they?

Thanks so much for your patience with this. I’m not sure where that JavaScript is coming from, but it seems to be the culprit.

— George

Aaron
    Participant

I tried that earlier, got the same error. Same safari console errors.

No, thank you for all your help. If you’d like to log in and see the problem first hand I can give you login details.

Does the plugin require any server / Apache / PHP minimum specifications? Could it be memory? Thinking outside of the box just incase.

Aaron

George
    Participant

Hey Aaron,

I appreciate your offer to log into your site! We unfortunately cannot log into user sites for any reason, so please do not post any login information here for the sake of security and such.

One of the things that I’m wondering about is “Safari”, specifically – Safari, like Chrome, can cache things very aggressively, and so perhaps that’s part of the problem here.

What I would recommend is using a browser like Firefox, or just a browser you do not use as your default browser.

1. In this browser, with Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro, does the JavaScript issue persist? You can still check the console in any modern browser like Firefox or Chrome – see if the issue is there.

2. In this browser, deactivate Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro. Then, clear the browser’s cache completely. Then check for the error again on the front-end – is it still there?

I’m really sorry about the persistence of this issue, Aaron. I have to bear the news that, since all of our troubleshooting steps so far have not revealed the culprit, there is little else we can do 🙁 The JavaScript causing the issue is not from any of our plugins, and so if the steps I recommend in this reply to not help at all, the best course of action from here would be to contact the support team of Indeed Ultimate Membership Pro (or whichever plugin/theme on your site you think this JavaScript is coming from!).

Thank you so much for your patience Aaron! I really want to be able to resolve this here on our forums, but am afraid that we might not be able to 🙁

Apologies for that. Thanks for your cooperation and patience with all of this thus far.

Sincerely,
    George

Aaron
    Participant

Hi George.

We found the problem. It was the hosting package missing mbstring which the PHP wasn’t running.

They activated it and voila, it appeared.

Thanks for all your help.
    Aaron

George
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you for posting this update, Aaron. Really glad to hear about this progress; I’ll be closing up this thread for now, but please post a new thread any time if issues arise again or if there’s anything else we can help with 🙂

Happy Friday,
    George

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘jquery error stopping me from editing tickets… or post, please help!’ is closed to new replies.