Javascript Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Javascript Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    petemichaud
    Participant

I’m getting a javascript error that seems to be interfering with other scripts on the page. The error is: “Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function”
    in reference to this minified line:
    c(this).addClass(“tribe-events-loading”).css(“opacity”,0.25)};

which corresponds to line 300 in the tribe-events.js file.

So for some reason c (which is the jquery $ variable) is undefined here.

Casey
    Participant

petemichaud,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. I’m seeing several other javascript errors when visiting your site: http://grab.by/vTgo. Can you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme to see if this issue persists? I suspect that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

petemichaud
    Participant

Yeah, I tried reverting to 2013, but the error didn’t change. I also resolved the other errors, which were unrelated, and the code still breaks. I’m trying to figure out how to enqueue the unminified version of the file to see if that changes things, but I haven’t quite figured that out yet.

petemichaud
    Participant

I see on line 640 of tribe-template-factory.class.php where it uses the min version if the SCRIPT_DEBUG constant is not true, but I’m not sure where to set that value so I can output unminified files.

petemichaud
    Participant

This code is really gross 8/

Crappy, table-based HTML output from php code directly (talking about EDD Tickets plugin here) 1998 much?.

Events PRO also has an issue that I haven’t even tried to begin troubleshooting yet (“Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘pro_tooltips’ of undefined”)

document ready isn’t firing my custom jquery code, I suspect because of invalid markup being output by EDD Tickets, and when I fix that it’ll mean I can’t upgrade the plugin anymore without losing my changes.

I just spent like $150 on these plugins, and I’m not too happy about how they are working.

Casey
    Participant

petemichaud,
    Can you try deactivating all other plugins to see if that resolves the issue? If so, then try reactivating them one-by-one to determine if another plugin is the culprit. Give that a try and let me know what you discover.

While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme and plugin out there, the reality is that custom themes and third-party plugins have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those.

Have you taken a look at our themer’s guide and Documentation to see if any of your questions have been covered in there? If you still have further questions, we’d be glad to help where we can.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Jamie Oastler
    Participant

I’m also experiencing this error.

WP 3.8.2 or 3.9
    TEC 3.5.1

Theme: Roots (http://roots.io/) specifically on the single-event view

360zen
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m having this exact same issue and it is killing my current project. I have multiple other jquery functions that all break when Events Calendar is active.

360zen
    Participant

I’d be happy to give a support representative login or debugging privileges if that would help. Looks like this guy had the same problem and it never got resolved: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/3-2-upgrade-breaks-infocus-theme-timthumb-image-resizing/#post-78837

360zen
    Participant

Another thread with the same issue. Again, it was blamed on the theme… I’m pretty concerned by this because it looks like none of these have been resolved.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/upgrade-to-pro-has-caused-issues-on-site/

petemichaud
    Participant

Yes, mine was never resolved either. I haven’t had time to really dig in and fix it, but I know from the nature of the error that it should not be the result of theme conflicts or anything like that. I’m taking an educated guess that the client code is not encapsulated correctly in a closure, so key values are leaking and perhaps being overwritten. That would make it “work” while on it’s own, and break when you introduce other javascript, and it would also mean the problem isn’t the other javascript 8)

Casey
    Participant

@jamie and @360zen,
    If your issue is the same as the above please do feel free to monitor this thread, but if you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

@petemichaud
    Try testing with the following in you wp-config.php file:

define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);

This will output the unminified javascript for you to inspect further. Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

petemichaud,
    I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

petemichaud
    Participant

Adding that line of code to wp-config.php isn’t forcing the plugin to serve unminified JS files (Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/sOWqr). Do you have any other work arounds to get this working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Javascript Error’ is closed to new replies.