Javascript Error on List Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Javascript Error on List Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Hay
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m getting a javascript error that appears to be related to the google maps / map view.

“js?sensor=false&ver=4.2.5:38 Uncaught InvalidValueError: not an Object
    ->..
    ->…
    -> @ tribe-events-ajax-maps.js?ver=3.9.3:106”

The map view, however, has been disabled in the admin settings. I also started getting console logs of TEC events. I’m not sure if this is related to debug mode, but debug mode has been turned off anyway and I would like to disable them if possible. These are what I’m getting:

[“TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”]

I am running the same plugins and theme on other sites (with varying settings) but the others are functioning properly. The unwanted debug messages are not the most of my concern, but the javascript error is breaking all navigation through the filter bar and the main site navigation. Any assistance is much appreciated.

George
    Participant

Hey @Hellowebsites,

Sorry to hear about these issues – I can’t recreate them on my testing site’s Map View page (I know you said Map View was disabled, but just noting it), so I’m curious if you can provide some additional info here:

1. What is URL to the events page you’re talking about?

2. When did this issue start happening? Has it been around since the moment you activated Events Calendar PRO, or has it been fine and then only recently started acting up? If the latter, do you remember any recent changes you made right before the issue started happening?

3. Can you share your “System Information” with us? Here’s how → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Addressing each of these three questions above will provide some fertile ground for further investigation here; thanks in advance for addressing these questions!

— George

Joshua Hay
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thanks for sharing all of this information!

You mentioned plugin updates, and looking through this information I indeed see that all of your versions of The Events Calendar and add-ons for The Events Calendar are out of date. WordPress itself is out of date, too.

I would recommend updating both WordPress itself (current version is 4.3.1), and then also updating your version of The Events Calendar and your add-ons for it (Events Calendar Pro, Filterbar) to their most recent versions too.

The Events Calendar’s most recent version can be found here – https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

For your premium add-ons, head to http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads to find files for the latest versions.

Nothing can really be done from a support standpoint until these updates are made, so they are essential – I’m sorry that you cannot act upon these updates until the weekend, but unfortunately updating is the most important step at this point.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Javascript Error on List Page’ is closed to new replies.