Issues with German translation in Events Calendar 4.0 (without PRO version)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issues with German translation in Events Calendar 4.0 (without PRO version)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

I installed the Events Calendar 4.0 (without any additional Events plugin or the PRO plugin) on a fresh WordPress installation. Unfortunately I found some translation issues:

“Without a definition …”
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik0gpadj318sijt/Screenshot%202015-12-06%2022.39.22.png?dl=0

“Create new Veranstalter”, Text under “email” & “Add another Veranstalter”
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovti9wuxgw14936/Screenshot%202015-12-06%2022.32.40.png?dl=0

“No veranstaltungen scheduled for 6. Dezember 2015. Please try another day.”
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv6tjstezegvbcj/Screenshot%202015-12-06%2022.45.20.png?dl=0

When selecting the list view a “page not found” occurs:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/thrizsshq7bpsq6/Screenshot%202015-12-06%2022.47.02.png?dl=0
    The link goes here: domain.com/events/liste/?tribe-bar-date=2015-12-06
    (I guess the problem is the “liste”)

Best regards,
    Oliver

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Oliver.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Cliff.
    Cliff

Hi Oliver.

We don’t manage the translations. We simply make it so text isย ableย to be translated.

Here are our translation information:

Please reference that information and let me know if you need any further assistance.

As far as the 404 link goes, would you mind grabbing your system information and pasting it here? Make sure to use the “Set as private reply” checkbox to protect your private information from the public.

You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the “System Information” box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help)

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Thank you.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

nice to meet you – are you new at the Modern Tribe? I’m doing the German translation of TEC for one or two years now, so I’m aware of the information you gave above ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nevertheless you gave a good hint.
    I already did the translation for the text above and installed the downloaded TEC 4.0 .po/.mo files on my website, but it looks they don’t include the translation because they are still waiting for the approval:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gta66r4gl5l73mm/Screenshot%202015-12-08%2022.19.36.png?dl=0

Nico tries to become a “Translation Editor” to approve them. I hope a lot of the translation issues will disappear then ๐Ÿ™‚
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/issues-with-german-translation-in-events-calendar-4-0/

The 404 problem I was able to identify; it’s related to the translation as well:

The problem is that the URL “/events/community/list” (=> src/Tribe/Main.php:2625) generated by the Events Calendar is included in the translation file. This means whenever this string is translated to another language the link doesn’t work anymore. In this case the translation is “auflisten” and when I use /events/community/auflisten it’s working (this is only a workaround, but not solution)

I already discussed this issue here with some of the support team member for Release 3.x, but it looks that it still exists.

I strongly recommend to take this out of the translation because everybody using a non-englisch translation will run in this issue.

Best regards,
    Oliver

Cliff

Hi Oliver. I’ve been around a few months. Nice to meet you too. Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn’t exactly understand your “Nico tries to become a ‘Translation Editor’ to approve them. I hope a lot of the translation issues will disappear then.” Could you please re-phrase for me?

And thank you for your detailed 404 report. I believe I’ve seen this elsewhere but without as much explanation. Once I get the full understanding of this ticket, I may need to submit a new internal bug report or add this forum thread to an existing bug report.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

would be great if the 404-issue gets solved in the near future ๐Ÿ˜‰

The free Events Calendar plugins are translated on wordpress.org, so Modern Tribe has no direct influence how helps translating (compared to translate.theeventscalendar.com, where the translations of the paid plugins are hosted).

Nico tries to put me in there as an approver for translations that are getting submitted (see other thread).

Best regards,
    Oliver

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Oliver.
    Cliff

Oliver, regarding the 404 issue, I confirmed the following behavior in French:

• /events/liste/ works with Core active and PRO deactivated
    • /events/liste/ is a 404 with PRO active but /events/list/ works with PRO active
    • Both /events/list/ and /events/liste/ work with PRO deactivated

I have reported these in our internal bug tracker and hope it will be fixed soon. However, we do not provide ETAs. I have added this thread to the bug report so this thread should receive an update once a fix is released. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Oliver
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the confirmation!

Best,
    Oliver

Cliff

You’re welcome. We both hope it’s fixed soon.

Cliff

Oliver, I tested again (at dev’s request) and now it’s working with PRO active. Please try re-saving your Permalinks settings after activating PRO and let me know if it works for you now.

Thanks.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

that worked! Thanks for the hint with the Permalinks.
    In addition I installed V4.03 today and it looks that this solved the other issues described above!

Great job!

Thanks!
    Oliver

Oliver
    Participant

Cliff

Thanks for letting me know your issue is resolved. Have a great day!

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and weโ€™d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Issues with German translation in Events Calendar 4.0 (without PRO version)’ is closed to new replies.