Help Desk

Issue with Recurring Events

I am having an issue with recurring events. It is similar to an issue that another user had. This is the link to their issue: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-event-unspecified-date/

I have more specifics on my issue. I have several instances where an event occurs multiple times on the same day on a weekly basis (i.e., 10 am and 11 am every week). I setup the event to repeat weekly for the 10 am and then 11 am. Everything works except for the first instance of the 11 am event. If the event starts on January 1 and continues until January 29, all of the repeating events show up except for the 11 am event on January 1. So I created a specific “Once” instance for January 1 at 11 am. It shows up on the calendar without an issue. However, when I hover over See All, it shows that instance to be on an unspecified date. I have attached a screenshot. Another issue is that when I click on the event title for the January 11 am event, it redirects me to the January 10 am event.

I am updated to the latest versions of the plugins. I have also tested to see if there is a conflict and I do not. I reverted the site to the Twenty Sixteen theme and disabled all plugins except for the Tribe Events plugins. I also cleared my browser cache. I still have this issue.

I just noticed that my issue occurs for every recurring event that I create using the “Once” option. I just created an event that occurs on two additional days at different times. I used the “Once option” for both additional times and both are showing up as Unspecified Date when I hover over See All. Please see attached screenshot.

First instance of event is 3/3 @ 11 am and end at 8 pm
    Second instance of event is 3/4 @ 10 am and end at 8 pm
    Third instance of event is 3/5 @ 10 am and end at 6 pm

I am having issues with the second and third instance of the event.

Hi, SC. Thanks for all these details.

Could you please provide a screenshot (or video screen capture) of the recurring series’ wp-admin edit screen so I can see how that is set? Please also provide a link to this recurring event on the front-end of your site.

This reply has been marked as private.

1) One thing I noticed from your screenshots that I couldn’t reproduce is the mismatched date formats, like “03/03/2017” vs “2017-03-04” in the same screenshot (but noticed in multiple screenshots).

Are you manually typing in a date in a different date format or do you use the datepicker pop-up for every date field and its filling it in these different formats?

2) So I can best try to advise you how to create this event (even if necessary to work around any bugginess), could you please write out all instances you want to display on your calendar for this single event in plain text, like this:

• March 1 10am
    • March 1 3pm
    • March 4 10am
    • March 4 3pm
    • March 7 6pm
    • March 8 12pm

Thank you.

1) I was unable to reproduce this issue. Here’s a video of me testing: https://cl.ly/3Q11400r2r0O

Whenever we see little oddities like this that we can’t produce, it starts pointing us in the direction of a potential plugin or theme conflict, in which case it could be at play in the creation of your Recurring Events pattern too. I know you already said you followed our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivating all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins)–and that’s great–but I just wanted to point it out in case it does end up being something of note later on in our testing.

2) Please provide all the dates desired for a single event, not just “if you had to choose one” so I can best advise the pattern to create — and then test if it has any bugs in generating the recurrences.

Ok, I created an event like this: https://cl.ly/1p0S0G0X181D and the tooltip displays like this: https://cl.ly/0z3T0t2b1u3Z

It generated all events as expected (i.e. accurately) except:

• March 3 @ 7pm did not get created, which is inaccurate (I’ve reported this bug)
    • March 12 @ 7:00 pm did get created, which is accurate based on the rules, but not what you’re wanting. And I don’t see a way to exclude just this time of this day instead of the entire day.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thanks for that! I was able to track down that other internal bug report for the mismatched date formats.

Let me know if there’s anything more for me to help with here besides awaiting the bug fixes.

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for the mismatched date formats.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Issue with Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.