Issue with Recurring Events
I just noticed that my issue occurs for every recurring event that I create using the “Once” option. I just created an event that occurs on two additional days at different times. I used the “Once option” for both additional times and both are showing up as Unspecified Date when I hover over See All. Please see attached screenshot.
First instance of event is 3/3 @ 11 am and end at 8 pm
Second instance of event is 3/4 @ 10 am and end at 8 pm
Third instance of event is 3/5 @ 10 am and end at 6 pm
I am having issues with the second and third instance of the event.
1) One thing I noticed from your screenshots that I couldn’t reproduce is the mismatched date formats, like “03/03/2017” vs “2017-03-04” in the same screenshot (but noticed in multiple screenshots).
Are you manually typing in a date in a different date format or do you use the datepicker pop-up for every date field and its filling it in these different formats?
2) So I can best try to advise you how to create this event (even if necessary to work around any bugginess), could you please write out all instances you want to display on your calendar for this single event in plain text, like this:
- March 1 10am
- March 1 3pm
- March 4 10am
- March 4 3pm
- March 7 6pm
- March 8 12pm
1) I was unable to reproduce this issue. Here’s a video of me testing: https://cl.ly/3Q11400r2r0O
Whenever we see little oddities like this that we can’t produce, it starts pointing us in the direction of a potential plugin or theme conflict, in which case it could be at play in the creation of your Recurring Events pattern too. I know you already said you followed our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivating all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins)–and that’s great–but I just wanted to point it out in case it does end up being something of note later on in our testing.
2) Please provide all the dates desired for a single event, not just “if you had to choose one” so I can best advise the pattern to create — and then test if it has any bugs in generating the recurrences.
It generated all events as expected (i.e. accurately) except:
- March 3 @ 7pm did not get created, which is inaccurate (I’ve reported this bug)
- March 12 @ 7:00 pm did get created, which is accurate based on the rules, but not what you’re wanting. And I don’t see a way to exclude just this time of this day instead of the entire day.
I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.
I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.
Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for the mismatched date formats.
Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.