Issue with permalinks, when „community events“ – add-on is activated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Issue with permalinks, when „community events“ – add-on is activated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dominik Schneider
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having a huge issue with the „community events“ add-on. Every time when the community-events plugin is activated, some of the links on my website are not working anymore. Especially the pages which are located on the first level are redirected to the front page instead.

e.g.
    http://www.mydomain.com/page or http://www.mydomain.com/events

After a while, the community add event page is showing me a 404 error page.
    http://www.mydomain.com/events/community/add

The plugin is working well for a short time. After doing some changes in the back end, e.g. creating a new user, I get this issue.

I have also tried to flush the permalinks, but the problem is still there. The only way get the homepage working again, is to keep the plugin deactivated.

Has someone an idea, why this plugin is disturbing the permalink structure of my page?

Thank you!
    ps. currently I’m using the „Event Calendar Pro” plugin together with the „filter bar“ add-on.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Dominik,

Thanks for using The Events Calendar, I’m happy to help out here.:)

Because I’m unable to replicate this issue on my testing server, this seems that it may be a theme or plugin conflict. Would you please work through the steps here to test for a conflict? This will help me be able to better assist you. 🙂

Let me know what you find out & we’ll go from there!

Best,
    Shelby 🙂

Dominik Schneider
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

thank you for your quick reply. We have tried to analyse the problem with the steps you have sent us. But it is definitely impossible to reproduce the issue with the permalinks, because the 404 error pages appears after a while, although we haven’t done any changes in the system. Suddenly all sub pages are temporarily unavailable. After flushing the permalinks, waiting some minutes, the pages are working fine for a while.

What we have recognised, is that this is always happens, when the community event add-on is activated.

We do really need the functionality for the user to add events on a front-end page. The community event add-on seems to be the only way to realize this.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the update. Can you clarify for me, do you have this issue when you have nothing but The Events Calendar, & Community Events enabled while using a default WordPress theme as well?

Let me know and we’ll go from there!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with permalinks, when „community events“ – add-on is activated’ is closed to new replies.