Issue with FB Events after Aggregator showed up in WP

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Issue with FB Events after Aggregator showed up in WP

• This topic has 21 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by CHRISTOS VASILOPOULOS.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    1. Removed latest EC version and installed 4.2.7
    2. To be able to import FB events I installed the FB import plugin

Outcome:
    1. No 500 error appears anywhere at the backend.
    2. Going to FB tab at Import lists all Organizer references pages and Events per organizer
    3. I select 7 Events to import (always manually). They load perfectly EXCEPT the FB Event url. This still doesn’t load and I have to search for it manually and add it. But this error was there before Event Aggregator showed up. So, how it is solved?

It seems that some kind of issue happens with your latest EC plugin along with Ev.Aggr., etc.

My opinion is that the EA functionality needs thorough testing as I read it messed up many installations already. Personally I will stick with the FB import and 4.2.7 version of EC since these both seem stable.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Christos,

Thanks for sharing the above and I’m happy to see that everything works fine with the rolled-back version.

Again, my sincerest apologies for the troubles you had to go through. I know how frustrating and nerving it is when a software error is hurting your business. (Had and have some of those myself with some other plugins.)

I can assure you that EA went through rigorous testing and a public beta phase, which also helped us kill many bugs and improve performance and functionality. Due to the multitude of different environments (server, WordPress, plugins etc.) it is impossible to test it in all of them. That is why feedback and error reports like your are very important to us so we can continuously improve our products and services. Thanks you very much for hanging in there so long and providing all the information that you did.

Would you be willing to help further troubleshoot this issue with setting up a test site on a subdomain?

Is there anything else I can help you with? Do you have a thread open for that FB event url issue?

Or can I close this topic for now?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Hi.
    This is the thread for FB event link import https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/imported-data-not-complete/

What do you mean to setup a test site? I mean why do you need one from me?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Christos,

We’ve been trying to recreate the issue you had without success so far. We simply cannot recreate the exact same setup for different reasons (we don’t have access to the same server, server settings, plugins, plugin settings etc.).

I believe if you do a copy-paste of your current website under a subdomain / test domain / in a different folder, that would give us a safe playground to test and check what the problem could be without affecting your live site and business. This might help us in finding a fix for the issue at hand.

Also it can come with the benefit that if the test site doesn’t show any issues with EA importing your Facebook events, you could simply start pointing your domain to that installation and your problem is solved.

It is up to you if you are willing to help out with this. And of course no hard feelings if not. 🙂

Let me know.

On the other thread I see it has been closed after it was waiting for a reply from you. If you would like to get that resolved I would recommend to open a new thread and reference that previous one starting with your answer to the last question. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with FB Events after Aggregator showed up in WP’ is closed to new replies.