Issue with eventbrite image sync causing eventuate to revert to old design

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Issue with eventbrite image sync causing eventuate to revert to old design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Emily
    Participant

Hi
    I synced 20+ events with eventbrite over the last week – this worked well and all events were showing correctly in eventbrite (using the newer eventbrite layout with the large format image). I set each event in wordpress to never sync images once the initial sync was done.

Now when I go to eventbrite many of my events have reverted to old design with a small 400×200 image. I’ve tested and it seems my issue is the same that is refered to in this old thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/eventbrite-sync-converts-eventbrite-page-from-new-design-to-old-design/

If I delete the image from eventbrite the display goes back to normal, if I sync with website again, a small image is imported and the event in eventbrite goes to the old format again (even though the website image is large).

Has there been an update recently that could have caused this? I must admit I can’t recall if I’ve updated the eventbrite plugin in the last week. I really need an urgent resolution to this as we have started to widely advertise these events and they look terrible in the old eventbrite format.

Cheers
    Emily

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear about this issue with Eventbrite. I can try to help you with this.

I just ran a test and when I added an image in WP, then Eventbrite switched to the old design.

However, when I set ‘Never sync images’ (screenshot) then after any update the Eventbrite design stayed new.

Not sure why that is happening when you sync images, highly likely that is handled by Eventbrite. Let me check something on this and I’ll get back to you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Emily
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing what you find out. As although we had many of the events set to ‘never sync images’ it was still happening on some entries, we’re finding its happening intermittently. Would really like to get to the bottom of what’s causing it and get it resolved.

Andras
    Keymaster

I already reached out internally to get some help on this. I’ll keep you posted on what we find.

And some other good news, we are already working on a new version of the Eventbrite plugin. Currently I don’t have a release date yet, but hopefully we don’t need to wait too long for it.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your patience while we ran some test on this.

The design switch on Eventbrite is handled by them, which is beyond our control, so there is not much we can do about it I’m afraid.

This is the result of our testing:

“could create the new layout … I then made changes locally (set to never synchronize [image]) changing just the description, just the featured image, then the description and the featured image. In all cases the description updated on Eventbrite, but it preserved its own (different) image and kept the new layout.”

It looks like that you will need to disable image sync and upload them separately to Eventbrite for now.

Also I found this article on the new design, which might be helpful.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/whats-changing-with-eventbrites-new-event-listings-design

I’m sorry I’m not able to give you a better solution at this time.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this topic.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with eventbrite image sync causing eventuate to revert to old design’ is closed to new replies.