Eventbrite Sync Converts Eventbrite Page from New Design to Old Design

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite Sync Converts Eventbrite Page from New Design to Old Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joel
    Participant

Hi there! It is really important for this plugin not to send over any HTML with the content when syncing with Eventbrite. The new standard design is better for mobile devices and if you do not use the new design your events aren’t shown when searching or discovering an event. So it is important this is fixed. If you look at this link you can see troubleshooting tips on why events may not show new design.

https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/troubleshooting-eventbrites-new-event-listings-design?lg=en_US

Right now every time I update an event from WordPress it changes the event from the new design to the old design. It is because of the Event Photo. I have to log onto Eventbrite.com and go the event that I just updated and remove event photo and SAVE. After the page refresh I get a notification that the event has switched to the new design and then I re-upload the event photo. This is a really annoying process to go through every time I update an event.

I tried selecting “NEVER SYNCHRONIZE THE IMAGES” yet it still syncs and reverts eventbrite page to old design and I then have to go through the process I mentioned above.

Also, if I create a new event on WordPress and then post from there to Eventbrite I have to then go onto Eventbrite.com and remove the Event Photo AND I have to click “Standard Editor” instead of “HTML” under event details. If you could send over event details without HTML it would solve the issue I think.

Hunter

Hey Joel!

Welcome to the premium support forums and thank you for picking up our Eventbrite Tickets plugin! I’d also like to thank you for being so thorough in your initial post. It really helped cut down a lot of time. You pretty much nailed everything right on!

I tested with your instructions and have identified a bug. I’ve gone ahead and documented everything I gathered during my testing and have logged a report for the developers to review. We’ll be sure to include a fix for this in an upcoming maintenance release. I don’t have a solid date on when that’ll be, but keep an eye on your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com/blog for release notes.

The second section of the snippet below will completely disable the featured image from being sent to Eventbrite (I checked for you), so add that to your theme’s functions.php file and it should cut down one step for you until we get the HTML issue resolved. Thanks again and have a great rest of your week. Cheers!

// Don't import the featured image *from* eventbrite.com
    add_filter( 'tribe_eb_pull_image', '__return_false' );

// Don't export the featured image *to* eventbrite.com when creating/updating
    add_filter( 'tribe_eb_push_image', '__return_false' );

Joel
    Participant

Thank you. Could you update the thread when the update rolls out?

Joel
    Participant

Hi I added the code yet it still changes the event to the old design.

Hunter

Hey Joel,

The code only works for the images, so you’ll need to go through the hoops if your event contains any HTML. I tested it myself and it worked as designed, so you might want to see if it’s a theme and/or plugin conflict by reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide.

We usually drop in on these threads and let users know their issues have been resolved, but that isn’t a role I’m responsible for, so I can’t give you a 100% guarantee the thread will be updated with the MR notes. It’s always best to keep an eye on the changelog as we release info.

I hope this helps and have a great afternoon. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite Sync Converts Eventbrite Page from New Design to Old Design’ is closed to new replies.