Is there a recommended size for images

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Is there a recommended size for images

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fation
    Participant

I’m using Events Community at https://www.evalcommunity.com/events/category/events/. One of my customer is having problem to put an image. Is there a recommended size for images at https://www.evalcommunity.com/events/community/add ?

Geoff B.

Good evening Fation and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Would it be possible to expand on what the issue is ? Is the display of the image incorrect ? Is there a warning message preventing the customer from uploading images ? Are you asking about the recommended file size for images ?

If your question is  about the file size, this will depend on WP Upload limit set on your WordPress site.

But it general, it is good practice to not use files bigger than 500KB. There are even some plugins out there that “compress” the file sizes upon upload automatically for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Fation
    Participant

The customer is asking for image size:…..”I just published an event to your calendar. However, I submitted our logo at the image, and it is a bit overwhelming on the page. If the image must be that size, I’d like to replace it with the attached image of someone taking a course. If it can be smaller, I’d be happier to replace it with the smaller version of the logo. Is there a recommended size for images on your site’s event listing?”….

Geoff B.

Good morning Fation,

Thank you for taking the time to write back and clarify what the issue is.

If the image must be that size, I’d like to replace it with the attached image of someone taking a course.

Actually this will tend to vary depending on:

1. What WordPress theme is used
    2. What the first setting is under Events -> Settings -> TicketsD

In any case, the size can be controlled exactly to your liking using some simple CSS rules.

To help further, I would need:

Is there a recommended size for images on your site’s event listing?

The short answer, as you just saw, is “it depends on your exact setup”.

The good news is that we are about to find out and help out with that.

Cheers,
    Geoff B.

Fation
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Fation,

Thank you for your answer and for the system info.
    That allows me to get a better sense of what you are trying to do.

The short answer is that there no recommended size per se.
    It will all depend on what the look you are trying to achieve (depending on your theme and your site’s look).

With that in mind, there are a couple of CSS ideas you could try.

Try adding the following CSS rules to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-event-image {
    width: 30%;
    }

.events-list .tribe-events-loop {
    max-width: none !important;
    }

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-image {
    clear: none;
    float: left;
    width: 42%;
    margin-right: 16px;
    margin-bottom: 12px !important;
    }

Another idea would be to completely remove the featured image from the single event view.
    That would let you add the images exactly the way you want.

.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-image {
    display: none !important;
    }

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Is there a recommended size for images’ is closed to new replies.